Page 2 of 6 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,578
Points 246,577
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 5:55 PM

Next 18 blocks are done and now Jay and I are looking at it and picking out the blocks that we like the most - seeing how they all look so different... this is fun!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:05 PM

That is beautiful! I love it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,578
Points 246,577
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:07 PM

Thank you Kelli, I have absolutely no idea what it will look like when I finally get it all done but am having a blast putting the hexagons together - for the moment they are just going willy nilly on the design wall - later I'll start moving them around.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,846
Points 40,250
ls2116 replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:14 PM

Your stack and wack is looking pretty awesome.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:18 PM

Thea,

you SnW looks good so far. I have one of Bethany Reynolds' books but never made this type of quilt. Not sure I will any time soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:31 PM

This is amazing. It doesn't even resemble the fabric you started with. I truley do not understand this. This will be just stunning when finished.

Way to go, Thea.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 7:57 PM

It is beautiful!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,578
Points 246,577
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:29 PM

Kris, I was going to make one out of her books till I saw the ones in the other book and am torn as I am really liking how this is going together - have another 18 blocks done to add to it...

I am on another break - teehee - but am amazed at the difference in each grouping - this grouping had more greens then the others did - but when you look at them you can see the blue really stand out in several and the crimsom reds - it is truly amazing to me too Sukochi - it truly reminds me of turning my kaleidoscope when I was a kid to all the different pictures one after another from those little pieces of colored glass.  

Kris if you started - you would love it - I would never have bought this piece of material for a regular quilt - but for this type it is working out great.  and I know that I will change the blocks around - I have already a little bit - but I know that I needed the design wall up for this one.  

I will have problems though as I know I will change and change them - teehee - I might be done changing them next year this time...teehee... 2 more strips to go - have one cut up in triangles and ready - did that as I finished this group so I when I was rested and my back eased up I could go right to sewing with no rotary cutting... 

Thank all of you for taking this journey with me... 

replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:22 PM

Thea, thank you so much for sharing this with us. I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures. The quilt shops where I live never have fabric like this. I always have to order it. I love the fabric, and what you are creating. Please keep sharing, so much fun fun to see into others quilting worlds!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:59 PM

Thea beautiful ,and everyone I saw this fabric and it is fantastic. I love how she is sharing this project with us. I've never made one and she makes it look like so much fun. Thea is a wonder behind the machine..I know I've seen her work ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:26 PM

Thea:
Kris, I was going to make one out of her books till I saw the ones in the other book and am torn as I am really liking how this is going together

I like this better than the ones in Reynolds' book. I might have to get a "One Block Wonder" book.

Thea:
Kris if you started - you would love it -

I probably would but I'm trying not to start another new project right now. Maybe early next year when I have less on my plate.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,578
Points 246,577
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:25 PM

Last group for tonight - I have one more strip to go and the last 18 blocks will be done out of this cutting - then I have to make some decisions if I want to make more and make it bigger - we shall see - Looking good though and I can already see a plan coming together in my mind how I am going to group them... the different blocks just amaze me and so far I do not think there is a duplicate - some look like it but then you look and one is clockwise movement while the other is counter clockwise... well nighty nite...

• | Post Points: 50
replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:32 PM

Amazingly beautiful!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 1:23 AM

Thea this is looking stunning, I love the way it is turning out. If you don't have a home for it I'll put my hand up to take care of it. lol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 14 2012 1:30 AM

Thea,

It looks stunning, when i first moved into my house the wallpaper was orange and purple with a similar design to your fabric it used to give me nightmares as if you stared at it long enough you could see monsters heads in it and they started to move (i was only 15).

Wow what a change when you stack and whack it, what book did you use???

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 2 of 6 (87 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use