Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 150
Frankie Posted: Sat, Oct 13 2012 7:14 AM

Hi Everyone, am a new member. I quilt and machine embroidery, like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Work a lot of puzzles, jigsaw and ones in newspapers. I have 4 children [3 boys and a girl], 3 grandsons, and 5 great grandchildren all in the last 2 years. One grandson has a boy and girl, the other has 3 girls. On Oct 9th identical twins were born. They caused quite a stir in the hospital. I think every nurse there came to see them and this is a big hosptial. Hadn't had identical twins born there in a very long time. They weighed them by grams and they were exactly 6 lbs each. 19 1/2 inches long, I guess this is pretty rare. Enough of my bragging about them. I made two crib quilts alike of course and when Jessie the mother seen them she said Kinsley their girl would have a fit because she loves kitties, so GG so is making her one for her big bed which she will be using soon I think.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 7:38 AM

Welcome Frankie.  this is a great group of women.  You will enjoy your time here.  I have learned so much and now have so many friends. 

Sounds like you keep busy with family.  Do they live nearby?  We love pictures here and would love to see the quilts.  Quite a few cat lovers as well.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 7:42 AM

Welcome Frankie

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 7:55 AM

Hi frankie, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:52 AM

Welcome Frankie :)  

Congrats on the new babies in your family.  I have 3 boys and 1 girl, too.  One son & daughter in law had a new baby girl 3 weeks ago.  That makes 5 granddaughters & 2 grandsons for us.

Sounds like you have lots of little ones to make quilts for.  You'll be busy!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:58 AM

Welcome Frankie, happy to have you join us.  What a nice big family you have, congrats on the identical twins, you should be bragging, don't apologize for it.  Were the twins both the same gender?  We'd love to see pics of your projects.  Hope to hear from you often, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 150
Frankie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:41 AM

Thanks for the welcome Patti and All. I have probably ten or 12 quilts at least done. I told my daughter if I die she will have to keep the babies in quilts as I have at least 6 of those. And 4 or 5 Xmas quilts which I love to do. Plus all the others. My problem is how to download onto the site. Maybe when my friend comes over he can show me how and I'll have a Frankie day. ha. On my way out the door, guess where I am going? Well there is only 2 quilt stores in town and I have to hit both.I will have to live to be 100 to use up all the stuff I have now. Frankie

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 150
Frankie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:46 AM

Yes they are, Identical. Harlow and Teagan. We get some wild names. Joe is only great grandson. Thank God his name is normal. Girls I like boys, I like more mannish names. My boys are Bob after his dad, Tyler after a friend of mine who was a direct descendent of Pres. Tyler. That guy had  12 kids. Pres. Tyler that is. And Shane and Stacy.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 150
Frankie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:53 AM

Yes, Two sons and a daughter live in Omaha about 30 miles away. Tyler lives near Elkhorn, and that is 14 miles away. Tyler, jr who we call Sonny lives on one of the farms with his harem of three girls and wife. My son just called and said they were going to visit the new girls this morning and I said I was going tomorrow morning. Told him I was bringing donuts. So they changed til tomorrow. Neither eat donuts. It must be me they want to see too. gg

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Well, you are one busy little bee. I love hearing about your cute family. I have no grandchildren at all so I love reading about every one else's family. How do you fit quilting in. So glad you're here. You will love it here.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,538
Points 51,215
Ginny replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:27 AM

How blest you are Frankie.  Congratulations on those 2 little girls. It's going to be a happy time for all.  I am blessed with 7 great grands with number 8 due in March.  It is exciting.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Frankie.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome to our growing family Frankie.  Looks like yours is a growing family too. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,045
Points 28,900
Ramona replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:06 AM

Frankie,

Welcome to the group. I, too, love quilting and embroidery.  Sounds like you have a great family. Will love to see your projeccts so don't forget to post pictures! We all love to drool. Congratulations on the identical twins. Sounds like they caused quite the stir, which is a good thing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,811
Points 365,752
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:02 PM

Welcome Frankie,

I like puzzles too. Used to do a lot of jigsaw puzzles but now I mainly do crosswords (newspaper mostly).

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use