New to QCA but not to quilting.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay Posted: Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:09 PM

I am a new member, just today infact. I have been a quilter forever. I grew up on the back of my mom's 401A Singer, Its still working. I live in northwestern Oklahoma. Made my first quilt while I was in high school, but grew up sewing cloths for my younger sisters.  Since then I have made quilts for all the relatives until they said "No More!" I worked for a quilt shop for several years and learned alot and joined the area Quilt Guild. I also have a quilting machine and do quilting for friends and never have time to do my own tops. My mother-in-law and I make charity quilts to donate to area groups and fundraisiers. We make alot of string block lap quilts from scraps. This is my first experience with I guess you call blogging, I have two cousins that I e-mail and thats about it. We live out here in the country and it can get awfully quiet sometimes when the cold wet weather moves in so I am looking forward to something different to do. Trouble is I could keep going and going and I need to get back to the  quilt on the machine. It is black and white with red pieced stars, bright enough to keep me awake. More Later, Barb 

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:25 PM

Welcome, Barb. Sounds like you and your DM (dear mom) have quite a lot of work, going there.. We would love to see pictures of your quilts. We love pictures, so please add some to your gallery.

Glad to have you. We are chatting here, pretty much 24/7, so pop in often. We love to chat and the more the merrier.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Barb and welcome to QCA. You will really enjoy the fellowship here and it won't take you long to get the hang of it. I hope you will post some pictures of your quilts when you are able. Again, nice to meet you and welcome!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,547
Points 417,049
gini replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:33 PM

Hi barb, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,665
JodyS replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:33 PM

Hi Barb! Welcome to the site!

I'm new to quilting and fairly new to this site and look forward to learning from everyone here including, now, YOU! The folks here are so nice. Hope to see some pictures of your quilts soon.

I just completed my first quilt in 47 years and love looking at all the beautiful work done by the people here.

No matter what time of the day or night I log on to this site there's always someone chatting. A fun place to be.

JodyS

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:53 PM

Welcome Barb!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 790

Welcome! I'm also very new to this site and still looking around. It's been fun so far. Can't wait to see your quilts. I myself have just added photos to my gallery..it was very easier and the site is user friendly. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,410
Points 19,565

Welcome Barb, JodyS and Georgia Girl Quilter. You all will love it here. I've learned so much by ready all the posts and asking questions. I'm sure you will too.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 10:51 PM

Barb

Welcome to the site.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and drop in to chat frequently.   We would love to see the quilts you are working on.  Please post pics after you finish.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 10:55 PM

Welcome Barb, JodyS and Georgia Girl Quilter, glad to see you on board.  This is a great site and I think you will love.  The quilters here are friendly, knowledgeable and very encouraging.  Again, welcome aboard.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:28 AM

Hi Barb, welcome!  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:47 AM

Welcome Barb :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:01 AM

Thanks for all the encouragement. I will try to add some pics. My computer is full of them. My other hobbies include taking pics of quilts, recipes ( I had just bought some rubarb and found the rubarb pie recipe that got me started doing this) and geneology. I spent six months doing research on my mother-in-laws side of the family (we did not have much to go on) and now working on my mom's side who have had reunions and trees done for years. So that gives me something to do on days I dont feel motivated to quilt. I joined Ancestory.com and did not realize how addicting it is. So if you do not hear from me for awhile you will know what I am busy doing. But with xmas coming I better get busy on that too, I am always thinking ahead. I am going to make pillowcases for everyone this year.  I have 4 grandsons and a new granddaughter. They all have quilts to curl up in when they come for a visit. I have made matching pillowcases to go with them. This year I will make some for them to take home.  Keep stitching, Barb

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the club Barb.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Welcome Barb.  I hope you enjoy your time with us. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use