Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:05 AM

What fun! Hadn't thought of these in XX years. Pleasant way to start the day. Thank you everyone. Have a happy quilting day. Hugs, Linda

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 7:17 AM

Theres also,

Three little angels all dressed in white tried to get to heaven on the end of a kite,

But the kite string was broken down they all fell couldnt get to heaven so they all went to two little angels all dressed in white....

and My grandfathers clock was too large for the shelf so it stood ninety feet on the floor, it was taller by half than the old man himself yet it weighed not a penny weight more it was brought on the morn of the day that he was born and was always his treasure and pride but it stopped short never to go again when the old man died.

When you were at school, did you have school assemblies where you used to sing hymns?

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,934
gini replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:13 AM

France's, not in the northwest in a public school.  We don't sing hymns in schools here.    Separation of church and state, and all that goes with it.   I don' know about our southern states,  were you all allowed to sing hymns in school?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,934
gini replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:21 AM

My gramma sang all the time, so I know all the old songs. And we went to grange every month and sang there.   Princess was singing while riding in the grocery cart when she was three, High Hopes.  DD started singing with her and in no  time, the entire population of shoppers in the produce department were singing High Hopes with them.  

When this DD was four, she sang swinging on a star for the grange show.   My gramma always hoped for a ham,   She had to wait for a great granddaughter to get one.   Wendy started singing swinging on a star and every time she got the end of the chorus everyone would start to clap, but Wendy would start another verse.  There are about 7 verses, long verses in the. Song and she sang at the top of her little lungs to the bitter end.  Gramma was beaming all the way through.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:45 AM

we sang the national anthem and said the pledge of allegiance to the flag.  That we did every morning at the start of school. And that included the words "under God."

Around here, the school choirs still sing Christian Christmas songs at the winter concert.  (among other things.).

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:29 AM

How about Goosey, Goosey Gander?  A lot of those songs had violence in them.  Jack and Jill;  Hickory Dickory Dock etc.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:57 AM

Gini,

We had school assembly every morning and sang hymns ( i loved it i sing crap but i still love it best part of school assembly) and Christmas was great with christmas carols and Easter was good with hymns as well (not sure its done now classed as politically incorrect) although its exceptable in Church of England schools.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:58 AM

How about I dropped my dolly in the dirt,    7 little ducks went swimming, say hey ol playmate, jimmy crack corn,    Someone 's in the kitchen with Dinah,   Darlin clementine

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

What - no one has mentioned "I'm a little teapot" !!!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:06 AM

Marge (AKA Dimples):

What - no one has mentioned "I'm a little teapot" !!!!!

I think i resemble that one. LOL.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:12 PM

My mother used to sing "You Are My Sunshine".  I have her singing it on tape, haven't listened in a long time but I will now that I'm reminded, thanks.  How about  KKK Katie, beautiful Katie?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589

My dad used to sing "Once there was a little Chick" all the time. I sang it to my kids but guess I will have to teach it to my grandkids LOL.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,494
Points 30,410
Diana replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 1:53 PM

DH has a newer version of I'm a little teapot......I'm a little teapot short and stout, here is my handle, here is my (Other hand on hip as well)....darn, I'm a sugar bowl............lol

Just had to add this one in.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 3:41 PM

This Little Light of Mine, I'm a Little Pile of Tin, the Three Bears, Oats PeasBeans, let's Start at the very beginning..., My favorite Things...

I know there are so many more...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 3:41 PM

This Little Light of Mine, I'm a Little Pile of Tin, the Three Bears, Oats PeasBeans, let's Start at the very beginning..., My favorite Things...

I know there are so many more...

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use