Top 10 Posters

Rail Fence

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 26 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
9 Posts
Points 285
scrappyquilter897 posted on Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:01 PM

Do all the rails need to be consistant in size? OR, as a scrappy can different sizes be used? I already have a variety of colors and sizes(widths).

• | Post Points: 110

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Jeanine and Max great quilts ,I love that you used differnt ideas and designs . Quilter are so daring .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Love yours also Max, very creative.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
9 Posts
Points 285

That is about what mine would look like. Thanks for the encouragement.

Not Ranked
9 Posts
Points 285

That is about what mine would look like. Thanks for the encouragement.

Not Ranked
9 Posts
Points 285

I am not perfect. I was responding to Janine. But Max gives me ideas also.

Not Ranked
9 Posts
Points 285

Thank you all. It will be a while before I get the rail fence quilt done. I need to make quilts for a grand- daughter and also a family friend who will both be graduating from high school next June. I will be using "Warm Wishes" pattern for both with VERY different fabrics. And then I have some UFO's which may have to wait their turns as now I am excited to put my scrappy rail fence together! But first I have to get to FL and unpack my projects.

Not Ranked
Female
34 Posts
Points 735

You all are so creative and so confident! I get too caught up in "what will others think".  This is a holdover from an issue I had as a teenager that I finally figured out in my twenties when watching the Young and the Restless (I know....) when one sister wrote a book called "In My Sisters Shadow".  I had a sister who could draw, paint, make clothes and anything crafty or creative and I was always sure I couldn't live up to it.

45 years later, I guess I still have a little issue with that - but you and my poster that says "There are no mistakes in quilting" have given me renewed energy for pursuing this!!

Looking forward to retirement and time to experiment!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,062 Posts
Points 29,135
Ramona replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 3:40 PM

Jeanine and Max,

Love the rails!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,840 Posts
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:47 PM

Max,

I love your wonky rail fence.

Not Ranked
Female
50 Posts
Points 790

All very good ideas. I really like the wonky look.

Not Ranked
Female
31 Posts
Points 530

Jeanine, I love your quilt. I also have been making this from the Scrap Quilts of Easy Quilts they are so pretty to use a lot of fabrics. I'm making it for a wedding gift and I may if time permits make pillow shams. I am wondering how to do the French Fold Binding I haven't heard of that and wonder what to do. What kind of quilting did you do? I am going to do SID and maybe some lines in the squares not sure about that yet. I need to get the batting and backing cut and start sewing again. I'm making a King size and it's quite large to work on takes a while. Anyway beautiful quilt you made. Sue

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,840 Posts
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Fri, Aug 1 2014 5:25 PM

Sue you're replying to old threads. Jeanine isn't with QCA anymore. 

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use