Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy Posted: Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:31 AM

I suppose I should have introduced myself first, before posting a question, but better late than never! 

My name is Tracy. I am 40(ish) years young, mother of 4 and grandmother of 2.  I've been quilting for a year now, learning as I help out with quilts for homeless shelters in my area. My teacher has been quilting since 1990, and I meet with her once a week to learn while making these quilts. We experiment with different techniques so that I get a broad range of experience. I've just started to actually QUILT my first full size quilt. I won't lie - it's intimidating! But I absolutely love the end result of these beautiful, useful works of art! 

I don't get much time to poke around on forums, etc., but when I do get the chance, I love to see what other people are doing and just absorb all that information.  I can't get enough knowledge!

As I said, I'm currently working on quilting a log cabin homeless quilt. In my home-sewing life, I am in the process of putting together my very own sewing room! It will be a pleasure to move everything out of my bedroom - I can't move in there anymore! Once that is done, I need to finish my two grandchildren's quilts that I've recently finished the tops on.  Pics will be posted soon on my profile, if you're interested in taking a look!

I live in Western Massachusetts. In addition to quilting, I enjoy motorcycle riding - I own a 1985 Honda 650 Nighthawk that is my saving grace to get away from it all! I ride with my boyfriend to camping rallies around the eastern part of the country, whenever time and money allow. I work for a local Parks & Recreation Department as Administrative Assistant, full time. My youngest daughter is 17 and still at home with me. My oldest is 24 and lives in Kentucky with her husband and 4 year old son and 2 month old daughter. My dream some day is to live in a cabin in the mountains, away from the madness of this crazy world!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:50 AM

Welcome Tracy.  Sounds like you keep busy.  I never get tired of quilting.  Well maybe when its finally getting monotonous, and still a ways away from completion.  Maybe that is why I have so many UFOs>

My husband always wanted to live in a log house in the hills.   And that is what we have, but that first year after we moved in, it started to snow, and he never had that much snow in his dreams.  He felt trapped until we got some good snow removal equipment.  We do love the peace and quiet.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:03 AM

Tracy welcome to the club, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:07 AM

A good 4 wheel drive vehicle and snow removal equipment would be my first requirement for that lifestyle Patti! Along with a wood burning stove, of course! And when the equipment fails...there is quilting to keep my sanity ;-).

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:19 AM

Welcome, Tracy. You don't let the grass grow under your feet, huh? Are there enough hours in your day to doo it all? Making quilts for the homeless is such a wonderful thing to do.

We live in a little mountain town in North East Georgia Mtns. Or, it was little when we moved here 9 years ago. Not so small since the big box stores moved in. We wanted a cabin in the worst way, but finances just didn't allow it. As we are senior citizens I think it would have been more work them we could handle.

You are so smart to have a teacher in quilting. It hels enormously.

Have a great day. Welcome again. 

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Tracy and welcome to QCA. It sounds like you have a very full and exciting life. I do hope you will post pics of some of your quilts.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 10:04 AM

I am definitely busy, but happily so. After many years of raising small children, I finally feel I can breathe and do something I enjoy! No time like the present! I have managed to post a couple of pictures in my profile gallery. I will post more as they become relevant. 

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I think I'm going to enjoy this forum! ;-)

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Tracy:
I am definitely busy, but happily so.

I sure don't know how you fit in quilting. I'm glad you do though. I remember those busy, busy days when my children were still at home. I looked at your beautiful quilts this morning. You did a  great job. Can't wait to see more. Welcome to the club. You will love it here.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:21 AM

Tracy,

Welcome to the group!!! It's good to have you on board.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:11 PM

Tracy

Welcome to the club.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 40,955
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:34 PM

Hello and happy quilting!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:56 PM

Hi Tracy, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:58 PM

Hi Tracy, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:14 PM

Thank you very much, Melissa. I appreciate the vote of confidence! ;-)

And thank you to everyone else for the warm welcome!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 8:41 PM

Welcome, Tracy - I know you will enjoy this forum and you will learn lots.  Need to go and take a look at your quilts.  Have fun on this site and visit often.

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use