Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,378
Points 115,250
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Tue, Oct 9 2012 6:08 PM

I'm so excited. The pattern Vintage Tin by Crab Apple Hill arrived today. After seeing Kris working on a similar pattern I'm gnashing my teeth to start this. It's mostly handwork which is a first for me. I'll be bringing it to Branson to work on. I am going to change some of the scenes to make it local. Or rather, George is going to re-draw some of the patterns to apply to the area I grew up in. I have all the fabrics in my stash so don't need to buy anything except for the embroidery thread and some muslin for the back of the applique blocks.

George looked around my room, at the several projects already in motion, shook his head, rolled his eyes and walked out. But he's very pleased I asked him to draw some patterns for me to use.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 125
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 6:15 PM

Congratulations!    It is a great pattern.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 6:33 PM

I love that pattern too. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,441
Points 127,549

Very nice pattern Judy, I know what you do with it will be beautiful - can't wait to see what you two come up with.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 7:29 PM

Spud is that you, really you? Are you back with us? I'm so happy I could dance...well if my legs and feet would let me. Praise Jesus for answered prayer. Now take it easy. We missed you so very much.

HUgs, Linda

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Judy T-Bellingham:
George looked around my room, at the several projects already in motion, shook his head, rolled his eyes and walked out.

My husband seems to do this every day. I looked at this pattern and it is adorable. No wonder you are so anxious to try it. I have a hard time with embroidery; however, after seeing these patterns on the Crab Apple Hill site, I might try it for my husband. I think he has his little feelers hurt because I haven't made one for him yet. I hope you will post a picture when you are finished with this project. And thank you for this information. 

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,378
Points 115,250

Melissa Halpain:
I hope you will post a picture when you are finished with this project

Melissa, don't hold your breath. It will be next year sometime before I'm done. But I will post some photos of my progress. As anxious as I am to start, I simply must quilt one project that is destined for a friend of mine.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,621
Points 36,805
ls2116 replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:38 PM

My DH does the same thing.  I haven't seen that pattern yet, looking forward to seeing yours.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,441
Points 127,549

Thanks Linda, yep it is really me. (((HUGS))) right back at ya...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 9:46 PM

Judy, what a fun pattern. It reminds me of the B&W blocks  you made for EQ ?  Can't wait to see your progress. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,380
Points 360,842
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 1:08 AM

Judy,

I'm glad you got the pattern. I want to make it for DH as a surprise. I'll have to change some things on it too. I want to include things more specific to him. Won't get to it for some time.

Can't wait to see yours.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 27,590
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 5:35 AM

Judy--That is a lovely pattern. It will be great to watch your progress.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 8:49 AM

Judy that is so exciting and George can redraw stuff for you makes it even better . Can't wait to see it at Branson.  Good luck with doidng it .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,184
Points 238,837
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 8:58 AM

Judy, I love the Crabapple Hill patterns.  I have done a few now and the handwork is refreshing.  I think redrawing the patterns will be fun for both you and Kris to make the quilts your own.  I can't wait to see your progress.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:25 AM

Judy

They had this pattern at the soiree.  It is really gorgeous.  Can hardly wait to see what George does for the new scenes.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use