Top 10 Posters

We now have 2 retreats on the West coast. Leavenworth in April, 2013 and Oregon Coast, (near Lincoln City) Oct 2013.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti Posted: Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:48 PM

I will be posting more information on the retreat groups.  We decided we needed another retreat on the west coast as we were having to turn people away who wanted to go to Leavenworth.  We now have another retreat at Beachcombers Haven on Gleneden Beach near Lincoln City in Oregon.  The Leavenworth retreat will be April 21-26.  The Oregon coast retreat will be October 13-18.  Both 5 nights. 

The Oregon coast one will be more expensive but still a good price.  Also the payment requirements are different.  To reserve the space, I had to let them charge $300 to my account, and then half will need to be paid by Jan 15, and the rest 30 days before the retreat.

Go to the retreat group for more information.  Each will be listed in separate discussion.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:36 AM

I will never understand how y'all have the money to go to all the retreats and buy fabric. I sure wish I had that kind of money!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 4:31 PM

Sukochi, if you go to a retreat that is close or car pool, and watch your purchases, it can be very cheap.   Lodging and breakfast at leavenworth for some only cost about 125 for 5 nights.  And we all brought so much other food, one could slip by without eating out at well.   I only ate out twice all week!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:00 PM

Jim and I rented a cabin in Townsend, TN. while the Pigoen Forge Retreat was happening. I could have, and was invited to come stay with them, but we needed some time just to ourselves, right then, so I just went by for a short visit.  Sure looked like they were having fun. I had signed up for that and VB but then had to back out of both.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 8:49 AM

Although it is a year away, the Oregon Coast retreat is filling up.  We have 7 couples coming, and 11 singles.  We have room for one more couple and 2 more singles. 

This is a fantastic location, lots of sewing space and inexpensive!  Cost for the couple for 5 nights lodging is $257, and for singles about $106 for the 5 nights.  For those of you who always wanted to go to a retreat, but couldn't because of the cost, this is it!  All levels of experience and lots of others willing to share their knowledge. Oh, and the units are beautiful, some with jacuzzis!  And kitchens.

We also have space for couples or singles at  the Leavenworth retreat.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Ok, I'm confused.  I thought Leavenworth is in Kansas.  And I never thought of Kansas as being on the coast of anything.  I hope there are two because I'm confused.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:28 AM

Ooops.   Leavenworth WA, not know for the prison but for the Bravarian theme town in the Cascade mountains of Washington.  We escape to Leavenworth, not from.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use