Top 10 Posters

Ideas for left over scraps of batting besides rag quilts?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 200 Contributor
Female
341 Posts
Points 7,235
Kathy M. Boice posted on Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:44 PM

I have quite a few small pieces of cotton batting under 5" and some larger. Is there a use for them? I have made rag quilts, doll quilts and I know it is great for packing breakable items to mail, but is there other uses I am overlooking?

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
441 Posts
Points 7,940

Use batting scraps to make tote bags, checkbook wallets, credit card wallets, pot holders, place mats, table runners, etc. Use for stuffing in dog toys or cushions. Join bigger pieces to use in quilts. Potholders and table runners are good too. 

Toledo, OH

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
2,717 Posts
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:41 PM

I'd probably sew them all together and use for my pet.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,002 Posts
Points 13,060

if you  are talking all cotton pieces use them for stuffing baby toys and I used some for pin cushions, & all the other suggestions, put them together with the iron on tape, I have used batting bond

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,195 Posts
Points 24,070

Believe it or not they make great dusting cloths, the dust just sticks to them.  I keep a stack by my long armlong arm

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,549 Posts
Points 46,940

Coasters and mug rugs!  Trapunto??  Middle of leaves and flowers as 3D embelishments on a quilt.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 66,013

I have a stack of batting squares by my whiteboard and some by my Longarm to dust machine and table.  Great for dusting.  I have also used them on my sniffer duster.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,018 Posts
Points 28,465
Ramona replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:14 PM

I keep a stack of batting at the end of my machines and I use them for dusting my machine and my longarm table and anything else that needs dusting.  I use some when cleaning off the brush that I clean the bobbin out with and the tracks for my machine. I also carry one when I oil the machine and wipe of any excess I may drip.  Then there is the use for ITH (in the hoop) embroidery projects.  I, too, use it for my dry erase board.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
341 Posts
Points 7,235

Great Ideas!!!! Thank you!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,018 Posts
Points 28,465
Ramona replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:19 PM

Also another good use is cleaning your cutting board lint.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use