New Member:CT&FL

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 285
scrappyquilter897 Posted: Sun, Oct 7 2012 8:40 PM

I make mostly scrap quilts for my church in Connecticut. I am always looking for ideas. Members and family members have donated fabric to the church.You know the drill: A member passes or downsizes and no one knows what to do with the assorted fabric. So it is given to church:"they will figure out what to do with it". I make quilt tops, and several ladies like to hand quilt while watching tv in the evenings. I spent some time this summer sorting and cutting. Made 5 "tops" and a BUNCH of 4.5" and 6.5" scrappy blocks. Now I will be heading off to Florida and making some quilts for myself-a granddaughter and a family friend will be graduating from high school in the spring, and I have some UFO's to work on.

• | Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 8:48 PM

Welcome ScrappyQuilter!  I, too, am working on charity quilts through the guild and the church.  It feels good to give back and use our talents for worthwhile causes.  Which part of Florida do you spend winter in?  We have a number of FL members in QCA.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,801
Points 352,057
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:13 PM

Welcome. Check out our Scrap Happy group.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,050

scrappyquilter897:

I make mostly scrap quilts for my church in Connecticut. I am always looking for ideas. Members and family members have donated fabric to the church.You know the drill: A member passes or downsizes and no one knows what to do with the assorted fabric. So it is given to church:"they will figure out what to do with it". I make quilt tops, and several ladies like to hand quilt while watching tv in the evenings. I spent some time this summer sorting and cutting. Made 5 "tops" and a BUNCH of 4.5" and 6.5" scrappy blocks. Now I will be heading off to Florida and making some quilts for myself-a granddaughter and a family friend will be graduating from high school in the spring, and I have some UFO's to work on.

Hi "Scrappyquilter897",

Glad to have part of the club. I was just told today that I am getting a lot of fabric from my sister. I will be by way of old clothing form my niece and nephew. My sister would like me to make a quilt using all this older fabric for each of them. I am kinda looking forward to it and kinda not. You'll love your time here. Great people here.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:16 AM

Welcome!  I joined almost a year ago Love it.  It is very informative.  I'll be looking forward to seeing your quilts when you post them in show and tell.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

SQ897, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 6:42 AM

Welcome to the Club!  Lots of fun people and great help!  Enjoy!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:35 AM

WElcome Scrappy to the club.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,034
Points 169,723
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:40 AM

Welcome, SQ, glad you could join us.  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Scrappy.

Margaret

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 3:34 PM

scrappyquilter897,

Glad to have you on board....WELCOME!

What part of Florida are you heading to? I'm from the Orlando area and we stay in Kentucky most of the summer. Don't really want to be tagged as a snowbird but that seems to be how it is working out. We go back down for Thanksgiving and Christmas plus a few months. Hoping to get back up here by January this next trip around.

Sounds like you have a great batch of gals in CT to quilt with.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 3:53 PM

Welcome ScrappyQuilter! Where in Florida are you living? Im originally from Mass but now live in North Florida near Jacksonville. Hope you enjoy your time here at QCA there are a lot of great quilters here. Show us some pics of your quilts.   Susan

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 205

My husband has lots of sisters so they pass me all materials they find at yard sales. I have been cutting them into squares of all sizes and have pick-up several  scrappy books.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,869
gini replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:07 AM

Hi scrappy, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 6:31 AM

Welcome scrappyquilter.   I hope you enjoy your time with us.   We have a Scrap Happys group that does scrap quilts.  You might want to check us out in the Groups section,.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use