rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl Posted: Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:27 PM

Hi everyone,

I had to take a time out to go to Nashville, TN.  We left on a  Friday am and return the following week on Friday (today).   I did no quilting, but did read a few magazines I took along and stopped at a Museum that had a room of civil war quilts on display.  While gone we: did a bus tour of Nashville, went to the museum of history and to the Hall of Fame music museum, visited the old Grand ole Opry  building that is a museum in itself.   Also did some shopping and lots of eating out.

Purpose of the trip was to meet with my sister that has cancer ( there for some doctor appointments)  We had lots of laughs. Lots of talking and catching up.   Everything for her is still on hold until the next set of tests later this month.  If the cancer has grown then they will go on to another set of protocols. 

My life can now get back to normal.  I've been worried and wandering and not getting much done.  Now my mind is clearer and things will follow their course.  I will finish my quilt top for habitite, my blocks for the various groups and the SS on this site.  Looking forward now to some good quilting time.

Thanks for listening,

Caryl

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Caryl, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. That must be really rough. I have a sister 13 months older than me and we are very close. It would be extremely hard for me. I'm glad you had a good time on trip. I would love to see the original Grand Ole Opry. My prays and thoughts are with you at this tough time. I hope her tests come back favorably. Take care.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:15 AM

Thanks Melissa.,  She is doing well and I feel good about that. 

Caryl

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:33 AM

Hi Caryl,

Best wishes to you and your sister for a food outcome!  And plenty of caring (((hugs))) too!

My sister, who is 14 1/2 months younger and lives in Arizona, just had a clean pet scan after going thru surgery, chemo and radiation to rid her of the cancer.  Her worst was the neopothy (sp) in her hands and wrists.  At one point I had to rush from Texas to Arizona to help her bathe, eat and dress, but it was well worth the trip.  We too are close and I wouldn't have missed the opportunity for anything.  She is now well on her way to a full recovery, including her hair growing back in, but she looks great and feels good too.  We plan on stopping in to see her later this week on our way back to Texas from Calif, oh yeah, escrow finally closed, but the money hasn't been transferred yet!  They promise me it will be done Tuesday.

Anyway, hang in there, and always be available for her.

(((Hugs to you too)))

Still in So Calif instead of the Piney Woods of East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 801
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:34 AM

That was supposed to be a good outcome!  Not a food one!  ROFLOL

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use