Top 10 Posters

Baby Lock Tiara 16-Inch Longarm

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 27 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
11 Posts
Points 400
newbie2009 posted on Fri, Oct 5 2012 1:45 PM

Any Tiara owners on the board?  Pros and Cons?

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

I cannot help you on the price barb, but I wanted to say Hi and it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 35

I got my Tiara in November too.  I still haven't figured out the tension! I am so frustrated with it. I have a wedding quilt I need to get done and I really need to figure it out. Seems like no matter what I do the bottom thread pokes through the top. I came online to see if I could find any help.  My dealer is about an hour away and I went in there once already, I left confident that I would get the tension right but I still don't know what I am doing wrong. 

I got a good deal on mine $5499 which included the machine, table with one extension, table overlay, starter kit and a nice chair. I added another extension for $100 more. I had a choice of $300 shopping spree in the store or the chair and I chose the chair. I think each dealer puts different packages together.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,504 Posts
Points 417,394
gini replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:08 PM

pigeonn, hello and welcome to the group.  we have a long arm group here. go up above and click on groups,  then scroll to the long arm group.  you will need to join that group.   you  should get lots of help there. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

Pigeonn, I think Gini meant to say "discussion thread" instead of "group."

Here is the link to the start of that thread...  Longarmers share#1

You can read this thread, but you won't be able to reply since it is now locked.  On the last page, there should be a link to the new Longarmers share#2 which is still active.  There may be some hints in these discussions to help you with tension.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
11 Posts
Points 400

I just got mine fixed last week.  Always had tension problems since purchased in November.  Took samples of the tension issues I was having in six different times.Two weeks ago I bawled and got some results from my local dealer.  I did have to take the machine in.  It took about an hour to figure out that the top tension was so tight that it wouldn't keep the thread.  It is working great now.  I know it is a bit far for you to take in your machine but I would do it.  You got a great deal with your machine.  Everyhting I bought was all extra costs.  I am having one more issue, sure it is operator error (mine).  When you stop and start you can always tell.Good luck. 

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 10

Keebs - Wondering if you still have tension problems on your Tiara.  I just got one two weeks ago, and have not been able to get the tension to stay adjusted.  It sews for a little while in perfect tension, then goes loopy on top.  Have spent 20 hours playing with tension, and nothing seems to work.  Have tried all adjustments, rethreading, new needles, new bobbin, rethreading, adjusting bobbin, cleaning, etc.  The machine is diabolical, and I am so so disappointed.  Especially since I paid $5,100 without the stitch regulator.

I wouldn't recommend this machine to anyone who just wants to have fun quilting.  It is a waste of time if you have to play with constant tension problems that no one seems to be able to solve.

Top 50 Contributor
2,878 Posts
Points 40,520
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 12:17 AM

My area around 6,  I can only dream about that machine I would have it in a heartbeat if I could!!!

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
1 Posts
Points 0

I received my Tiara on my birthday in Dec.,2013.  I also had tension problems, but I read the book and I knew that you had to make sure that the bottom thread and the top thread are hooked together in the batting.  I used two very different colors that would make it easier for me to tell which thread was the problem.  I turned the little black knob just a tiny bit and then sewed about 6 inches.  If the bottom thread was still not being hooked in the batting, I turned the knob again a tiny bit more.  I did this for quite awhile until I achieved the tension that I needed.  If you change the thread to a different brand or type, I had to correct the tension again.  There is really very little adjustment after you find the perfect tension for your thread and your machine.  Good Luck and be patient.

• | Post Points: 0
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Points 60

How did you like the machine in comparison to HQ SS?  I am trying to decide on which one to go with.  Tiara dealer is much closer but the machine is more expensive than HQ even thou they are both manufactured by Handiquilter. (you figure)  Did anyone tell you why.  ASAP please the search is on for tomorrow early morning run.

Linda

Not Ranked
23 Posts
Points 340

There is a great group on Yahoo! for the Tiara and S16.  I don't have one of these machines yet, but I have learned a lot about them from the ladies in this group.

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 65

Got my Taria last Dec. also had problems learning tension, think Babylock should do a better job if instructing their dealers so they could help customers. Have enjoyed quilting with it. have been doing a lot of practing, on table runners &place mats, have done a baby quilt and on my second full size quilt, but not to happy with stitch regulator, stitches even but same size stitch no matter what stitch length I set, and most of LED lights burned out last week. called tech, he's going to look at it next week.  Hope it will be warrented 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,504 Posts
Points 417,394
gini replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 12:31 PM

I tried out the new tiara this week, it wouldn't micro stipple.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,504 Posts
Points 417,394
gini replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 12:31 PM

I tried out the new tiara this week, it wouldn't micro stipple.

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use