Page 9 of 9 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 128 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 12:56 PM

Isabella, would you be willing to share the Amatriciana sauce recipe?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 12:59 PM

Great photos Thea, thanks for posting.  The quilts are breathtaking!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,552
Points 245,982
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 2:25 PM

I took a break from the computer and quilted my little wallhanging that is for my SS recipient - I hope she likes it...lol... I am almost done with it - and then will start getting it ready to send out although not mailing till the 5th of December but I know me if I don't have it all ready to go something will happen and I won't get it out... so I am always way prepared... another of my compulsive traits.

I just have the binding to go and the hanging sleeve - they are cut and ready to go - but decided needed a rest from that...lol

Barbara - you can say what you really mean...teehee...

Judy - you are more then welcome for the pictures  - I love taking them - was amazed to see the picture of me on my camera - I am usually wondering where I was...teehee... 

I have cropped about 200 more pictures from the quilt show and have about 30 more of the Egyptian tent quilts to post - they are so beautiful and amazing that this is a dying art - I hope that someone in those men's families picks up the art.  It would be a great loss for the world for them to be gone.  

I found a quilt in the show that is similar to the stack and whack that I am going to make - from the same book - tried to read the little tag to see if it was by the author but couldn't read it...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:06 AM

Thea, that is definitely my dream quilt...always wanted to do the hexagons, with cubes and your flowers are definitely the crowning touch.  Let me be the recipient of that lovely quilt...I could be your SSS (Secret, Secret Sister)...ok you can't blame a quilter for trying.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 478
Points 6,090
Isabella replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:46 AM

Marie:

Isabella, would you be willing to share the Amatriciana sauce recipe?

Hi Marie,

of course I can share my recipe for the pasta sauce. The only problem is that I do not have any specific
measurement, usually I eye ball the ingredients!!

Ok here is what I do for 4 to 6 pax

1 medium onion chopped
6 sliced of medium cut bacon
2 can of tomatoes strained and with no flavorings
salt, sugar, olive oil, red pepper flakes

put the onion in the pot with a little bit of water and let the onion cook until the water has evaporated
in the meantime I wrap the bacon in paper towel put in the microwave for 30 seconds to get rid of
some fat. Unwrap the bacon cut it in small pieces and add it to the onions let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes
at medium temperature stirring constantly so it does not burn. The bacon fat has to melt, if needed add some olive oil.
When the bacon is cooked add the tomato, a tea spoon of sugar, salt to taste and let it simmer for 15/20
minutes at medium to low temperature. Add red pepper flakes to taste.

When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add sauce.

.....I hope the recipe is clear.

Isabella

Isabella

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:55 AM

Isabella:
.I hope the recipe is clear.

Isabella, it's perfectly clear.  I'm of Italian decent and this is how my mother taught me, by feel.  Thank you, something new for me to try one night this week. 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:54 PM

Isabella

Your sauce sounds delicious.  I will definitely have to give this a try.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 6:17 PM

OH Maire and Nana,you will love it ,Isabella sauce was awesome. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:32 PM

Thanks so much for posting your receipe Isabella!   I may have missed your dinner, but I can certainly give it a try at home.

Thea - love your pictures!  

Annette

Page 9 of 9 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use