Top 10 Posters

Dancing In Des Moines

Page 6 of 9 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 128 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:21 PM

they were beautiful weren't they - I am going to post the pictures soon to the quilt show on my blog rather then out here - there are so many - thought maybe I would weed through and just post my favorites - but then almost all were my favorites...teehee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 95
Points 1,405
Judy replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:29 PM

Hey Girl! Had so much fun watching Grimm with you Sat. night. I think we got Tari hooked. She wants to watch it this Friday. So what is your blog called so I can check it out?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:39 AM

Judy, I had a blast too watching it with you - no sleep - but then I wasn't sleeping anyway...teehee... I have one blog and it is on here at QCA - i haven't downloaded the quilt show pictures yet to it - I am starting to crop them - 944 pictures and i am through the first 65... I post when I have them on there - or sometime today I might start downloading them... I have to get that SS gift finished....and I found the perfect pattern for my stack and whack - can't wait to get started on it... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:19 PM

Here are a few more pictures from us this was our grab bag ,we had fun with this one.

I know is doesn't look like much ,but there were only 13 of us . We had some nice gifts ..

Isabella got a nice kit and a pretty jelly roll

Lena got a panel and some nice small gifts

Liz received a really big jelly roll

Darlene received a kit with some very pretty floral fabric ,and I think Sue got some fat quarters

Annette and her  gift. I think it was  tissue holder .

Tari received a coffee mug

Gretchen .got a pretty gift ,

Gretchen gift was the flower makers .

Elaine also got some flower makers .

this is Judy and her gift ,but can't see what she got .

Thea received a really cute Panel ,and this is just like her to  LOL  

I got one of those magnet extension sticks with a light on the end as well ,

Isabella cooked dinner on Sat evening and we had a wonderful Italian Dinner ,I'm so sorry I can't remember the name of the dish she made ,but it was really good

Everyone love her dinner , we didn't have any leftovers of this one at all ,It was yummy

and the last quilts of the show were by Beth ,who worked on her guilds quilt

and Judy's it is a really pretty snow man quilt

Well all this was our retreat ,we had a lot of laughs and hated to see everyone go,but we have scheduled for next year and we are all looking forward to getting together again.  We all enjoyed the shops and the shows we attended and Des Moines has so many nice things to offer for quilters . We love our nice little house and the love for all of our sisters in quilting were definitely  felt . Thank all for you for making this a successful retreat and I can't wait until next year.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:22 PM

I don't know what happen to the picture ,but Darlene  won our door prize which was a very nice bundle of fabric from Keepsake  quilting. I hope one of the other girls got a picture cause mine didn't make it .  sorry Darlene..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:50 PM

Barbara, good job on your pictures and reporting.  Very nice gifts in your grab bag exchange.  And the last two quilts are gorgeous!  Nice job!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:00 PM

Barbara - great pictures - I didn't capture that picture of Darlene - didn't have my camera back there then - I do have to get the little camera out and download our dinner that we had out... that was fun too.

I miss everyone and can't wait to meet up with them again next year.  Our cute little house was full of warmth and fun this year - lots of laughs again and although my stress levels were through the roof I am glad I stayed and didn't go home.  

Thank you for all your hard work!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:04 PM

I am starting to download the quilts from the APQS quilt show to my blog here on QCA so if you check about 2 p.m. some should be there.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 470
Points 5,905
Isabella replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 1:22 PM

Barbara,

the pasta sauce is called Amatriciana and is originally from the city of Amatrice that is near Rome.

Thanks for the pictures. I have not started sewing yet since I came home. I decided to reorganize the guest/sewing room so, right now, it looks like a bomb exploded in the room. I managed to convince DH to sell a lot of stuff at a garage sale at the end of the month so I have a big pile ready to be sold!

Tonight is also the first night that we will be home since Sunday so I might have more time to finish the cleaning and start organizing the fabrics I bought in Iowa....if I am brave enough I will post a picture of the before and after of the room.

Miss you all 

Isabella

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:01 PM

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/blogs/altheafosterattnet/archive/2012/10/11/apqs-quilt-show.aspx

here is the link to my blog where I am uploading pictures from the APQS quilt show that we were fortunate to have in DesMoines during the retreat - I took pictures of almost all the quilts so that I could look at them when I got home - I am sharing them with all of you but it is going to take me days to download all the pictures - I have over 900 pictures of the quilts - some of them as I come across them that are my favorites I am going to post here a couple at a time... so please go back over and over and see what i have added to the blog page.

one of my favorites...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:02 PM

You should be able to enlarge the pictures to see the quilting as I took them with a very fine lens.  Hope you enjoy!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:59 PM

One of my very favorites - because I think I have been to Japan - the work is exquisite and I took some close ups...

The work in this quilt was exquisite and it was only 1 of quite a few that were applique'd that I loved - oh my - the quilts at this show were just outstanding - I hook my computer up to my TV and watch them on the big screen and the eye candy is almost like I am back there... I did hurry while taking the pictures though and didn't take time to gawk - just picture after picture so I could look later... with my arthritis I wouldn't have made it through if I had gawked for long - I could have spent all my time in front of this one.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:58 PM

I am about 1/9 of the way in posting the pictures to my blog and have come across another favorite of mine:

I think this is a fantastic attic window quilt although I would say this was living room window quality - and maybe those girls in Kansas with the Sunflowers would love to make something like this... it was very nicely done and very pretty.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 4:33 PM

This sunflower and chrysanthemum quilt is a beautiful rendidtion.  I had the block that had the big sunflower and chrysanthemum on it, but the quilt shop didn't have any of the other yardages.  I just love how this quilt was done up.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:53 PM

Isabella, thank you for sharing those... absolutely gorgeous! 

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 6 of 9 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use