Top 10 Posters

Dancing In Des Moines

Page 5 of 9 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 128 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:56 AM

Barbara, the little house blocks are adorable, good job girls!

Beth, do you lend your husband out for cooking?  Put me on the list if so, I hate to cook.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:24 AM

Oh, what a blast you all had. All the quilts are just beautiful and the houses adorable. LOVE that wonky house. Retreats look like so much fun. Think I better start saving my pennies. Will put retreats at the TOP of my bucket list.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,897
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 1:05 PM

The house blocks are adorable which reminded me when I was there that I still owe Eileen our leaf blocks from last year - they are there and someday she will get them and maybe be surprised if the package has babies because I have been so remiss on sending them... I am ashamed - really I am - thought that she would be there this year but she had to cancel - and then with so many things going on this past year they just flew right out of my mind.  I need to do what Barbara and Kris do - have that mailing thingie right in their house so I don't have to worry about going to the post office - as I just hate going there - parking is a pain and then the wait in line - but all those are just excuses and I know that if Eileen was ready to make them into a quilt she would have hounded me...lol... but also in my defense as far as I know she told me she wasn't ready for them - so she did enable me not to go to the post office - but a whole year - shame shame on me... I will send them Eileen...

I am tremendously exhausted today - the stress of what has been happening has me just out there - my eyes hurt - my body hurts - I will get better though - I just don't know when right now.

I did find the book Barbara wants on Ebay and if I am unable to get it for my $25 bid - I have found 2 quilt shops that have it listed in their book listings - tried to call her to tell her that - but I think we should wait to see if my bid on Ebay wins out because the 2 quilt shops that list it the prices there are $35 and $39.99... so we have 2 days to wait for the Ebay price and keep all your fingers crossed that no one notices my low bid...teehee...

I found the book on my shelf when I was looking for my Stack and Whack book which has picked up and gotten legs like the other book did - now it is found and S/W is missing... so I ordered S/W from amazon with a couple other S/W books - I did find that adorable fabric to make one on my trip to Walnut place - I'll post a picture later - but I think it will make a great SW quilt... we shall see... I bought a pattern for one but after reading the instructions for this one I don't think this fabric will work - they say a small print for this one and mine is a very large bright print...lol

Posting just some general pictures when people were moving around

our ace reporter

Liz's daughter Gretchen - I love her smile!

milling around in the kitchen during the morning...it was so much better having a table in the kitchen to have meals at!

Elaine was that a good book - you look like you like it?

Beth using that credit card ordering some fabric to be cut by the salesgirls at F&P...

Darlene's basket got to heavy???

another cute kitchen picture...

the group in front of F&P this year!

Beth and the cutest little bib that she made - I will not - no I won't show this picture to my daughter cuz I will be making these cute little bibs...teehee

One of the quilts that Elaine finished - yes One - cuz she did more...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 2:53 PM

Thea

Your pictures bring back fun memories.All my fun retreaters thank-you for a fun time and I am now experiencing the cold here 0 C .I bet it is warmer everywhere but here now.I am full of turkey and pie and finally able to settle and catch up.I had a wonderful time .Everyone will think I'm a retreat junkie I am  in pictures at a lot of the retreats but after you have gone to 1 you want to follow everyone around . Thank-you Barbara and all the other organizers of retreats without you we would be sitting at home.

Darlene(2manyhorses)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,822
Points 248,574
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:16 PM

Beth an Bill . Bill you 're looking good . we can't wait to see you both again at Branson. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,822
Points 248,574
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:20 PM

Thea, Elaine got her book  had a copy and gave it to her. She was tickled ,but I did forget to give her back her camera chip . guess I just need to mail it to her ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,822
Points 248,574
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:22 PM

Darlene glad to hear your Thanksgiving went well.  You tell those boys they need to cook next year and give you a break

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,894
Points 69,195
Bonita replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:13 PM

Barbara and Thea, thank you both for sharing the good times with the rest of us. I'm so looking forward to Branson and meeting everyone there.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:09 PM

Barbara and Thea - Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.   Brings back the great memories.    So glad Thea to hear about your positive updates at home (you're in my thoughts and prayers!).   I took all my house blocks to my monthly quilt meeting tonight to show them off.   They were passed around and admired by everyone there.   Beth - I'll need to borrow your DH sometime.   I came home to a counter full of dirty dishes!   (but my DH did take me to see Les Miz Sun night).   Having trouble getting back into my 'regular' schedule today with work etc.  Oh to be on 'retreat' all the time!..........

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,912
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 1:05 AM

Thanks for the new photos Barbara and Thea. I love the house blocks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:33 AM

Barbara

Really cute house blocks.  I really liked Elaine's too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:34 AM

Beth

It is great seeing you and Bill....even if it is only in pics.  Looks like Bill is doing well.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,770
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:38 AM

Did you get to see the tentmakers of Cairo at the AQS show in Des Moines.  Something I saw said they were going to be there.  I think it would be fascinating to see them work!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 478
Points 6,090
Isabella replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:48 AM

Debbie-do:
Did you get to see the tentmakers of Cairo at the AQS show in Des Moines.  Something I saw said they were going to be there. 

We saw the works they make and they are amazing, but they were not at the Des Moines Show. Apparently they will be going to Lancaster next year. They works are absolutely amazing, some were also for sale and the prices, considering the amount of work in each piece, were pretty reasonable.

Isabella

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 478
Points 6,090
Isabella replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 11:54 AM

Here are some of the Egyptian collection pieces

Isabella

• | Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 9 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use