Dancing In Des Moines

Page 3 of 9 (129 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 128 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Gretchen and Lena - I forgot to mention that DH did the week's laundry and painted some trim that was on my list to-do.  You need to start training your "sweeties"

teehee, teehee

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 7:17 PM

OMG, Beth, bronze him and hang him on the wall,  he is a rare one for sure. Helpful Hubby, a species almost extinct. LOL

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Sukochi - Yes he is a rare one and he did all this while using his cane as he is still recovering from his neck surgery and a bad back!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I dropped Barbara off at her house around 4:00 this afternoon and arrived home myself around 5:30. I had to turn my furnace on. It is still cold in here! Have I said how much I dislike cold weather. Thea called us on our way home around 2pm and she had made it home safe and sound. We had such a great time at the retreat sewing and laughing and shopping and visiting the quilt show and the venders, and the venders, and did I say the venders????? Like Beth, my credit card is burning. I am waiting to here from  Isabella that she made it home safe. She said she will post when she gets home. She is such a delightful lady. It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Can't wait for the next retreat.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 94
Points 1,385
Judy replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:11 PM

Wanted to thank everyone for a wonderful time! The retreat was fabulous! Great food and great friends. Can't wait until next year!

Judy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 470
Points 5,905

Hi Ladies,

I finally landed in Miami with 45 minutes of delay. I am waiting to get my 

luggage and Guido is on his way to pick me up.

I will write a longer post tomorrow, but I wanted to let you know that I arrived safe and sound.

isabella

Isabella

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:59 PM

I'm glad everyone had a good time and got home safely. Can hardly believe both retreats are over already.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:15 AM

Hi all ,After Elaine drooped me off yesterday ,I became a couch potato and didn't do a thing . LOL   We did have a great time it was so much fun. As soon as I get my chip out of the laptop which is buried at this moment I will get pictures posted. I 'm sorry I couldn't get them to post at retreat ,I don't know why my laptop was being fickle .

I wan tto Thank Judy .Sue and Tari for finishing the clean -up and guess Nicloe must turst us as she didn't want to see anything .LOL  I will call her today to varify dates for next year. and let you all know . 

Isabella it was so much fun having you with us and can't wait till next year .

Annette ,You were also wonderful to meet and I know we will again have a blast next year .   this time no block exchange ,We are done with those ..LOL 

Only folks we hve no heard form are liz and the girls . So I hope they got home ok.

Check back later today for pictures all ..Barbara

OH and my CC just plain burned up  LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 470
Points 5,905

Hi Ladies,

here I am all rested after a long day of travel. As I wrote yesterday my flight was delayed in
Dallas so I landed at 10:45 in Miami. By 11:00 I was home. Guido loved the T shirt and he
said he will be using it only for very special occasions!

Thanks everybody for all the fun during the 4 days of the retreat. As you all know it was
my first one but I know there will more to come. You girls made it special and I felt at home.
A special thank goes to Barbara for organizing the retreat, you did a great job with it, and also
to Elaine for driving me around.

I am very happy I made new friends and, as I already told you, if you ever happen to come
to Miami, call me I will take to the only quilt store we have in South Florida!!!!

Look forward to see all the pictures from Barbara.

PS if you were wondering how I did with the luggage weight...yes I was overweight by 2 pounds, but I did not get charged for it.

Isabella

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,272
Points 173,273
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:46 AM

Glad everyone is home safe and sound.  Can't wait to see Barbara's pictures.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:48 AM

Beth

I love the projects that you started at the SM retreat.  The black and white turned out beautifully and I love the piggies.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,246
Points 239,852
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:57 AM

Hi all!  It was absolutely a great time!  Wish I could have all been there so I could have enjoyed it more - but thank you for keeping me there and not allowing me to leave.  I did make it home in one piece - the last 50 miles were tough - was very very tired but made it home in one piece.  Life around here is okay and will be better.  Long talks were had yesterday and some answers came out of it all.  I am hopeful that all is corrected now and we can get on with life without any more stress.

I have tons of pictures to post - most Barbara downloaded to her laptop and will share - some didn't get transferred to hers so I will post them shortly - so to things here I will only be on sporadically for a little while - till I get my strength back for one and for other reasons as well.  

Suffice it all to say - I enjoyed meeting up with old friends and making new ones.   Annette, Beth and Isabella were just dreamy friends to add to my growing cache of QCA friends.  You were all wonderful and I thank you so much.  The laughter continued from last year and laughter heals all wounds and helped me immensely.  I have tons of projects to finish now and got a good start on them.

Love you all!  Thank you so much!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:37 AM

I have alot of pictures so I'm going to post a few at a time as not to overload the thread

These first few were form our little shop hop that Elaine ,thea and I went on berofe the retreat .we went to some local shops in my area , MSQC And one called Crossroads

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:14 PM

Now here are some pictures from our ssecond day day some of the pictures are on my lap top so I will have to get that one later . this is were my camera died and I had to recharge it .

this is all of us hard at work after weh had been to  F&P shop and the warehouse sale .

This is one of Judy's quilts ,she was a busy gal at the retreat

these are the few pictres I got st the F&P shop   befroe my camera died LOL

This is tiffiany and one of the girls that works at the shop

Thea and Liz getting dinner ready on Thurday evening we had Lasanga and Cheesy chicken enchaliads ,they were yummy 

This was our motto for our retreat as Darlene and Isabella are showing us ..

This is my Civil War birthday bock quilt ,trying to fiure out my layout , finished picture to come later

This lovely panel was Darlenes

this is her finished top

next we had show and Tell from Elaine

I finally finished my CW top . thanks to all the ladies in my CW group for the fabulous blocks and I have enough to make a second quilt .

Liz hard at work on her project

these two are Gretchen working hard on her Double wedding ring top

These are the wonderful T-shirts that Isabella made for all of us to wear to the quilt show .  we all loved them ,thanks so much Isabella

This was Isabella beatufiul project  ,we all wanted to steal her fabric ,it was so pretty

And last for  Thursday was another of Judys beautiful projects

Hope y'all enjoyed this much so far ..More to come later .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,246
Points 239,852
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:47 PM

Thank you for posting the wonderful pictures Barbara - it brings back the wonderful times we had once again!  Good memories.

Page 3 of 9 (129 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use