Page 2 of 9 (129 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 128 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,685
Points 120,695

Barbara:

Hi all we finally made it to Des Moines ,we have one more person coming in  on thursday .After we finally got our cars unloaded and our room assignments ,we set up our stations and got to getting to know each other all over again. We are having so much fun .. Here are just a few of our pictures so far ..

Great photos Barbara. I love the quilts, especially Thea's kitty quilt and Beth's ice cream quilt.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:15 PM

Hi to the Iowa gals!  Is it cold there?  I'm not home, but I heard parts of Minnesota had 12-14 inches of snow last night.  Have fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:26 PM

Hi everyone we have a a great day today ,Ours started out early with a trio to Winterset , where we we treat like royality . thanks to all the staff at thd Fons and Porter shop for all your hospitality, we loved our visit .. then we were off to the Wareshouse sale ,and oh my what wonders we found there . We all came out with lots of fabric and books and all kinds of neat stuff.   then we headed back to the house were we spent the reat of the afternoon working hard,on our stuff ,

Thea was in charge of dinner this evening and she fixed us a fabulous dinner of lasagana, chicken enchalilads , green salad and garlic bread , and Oh my was it ever good .  we didn't have very much left over at all . then we spent the remainder of the evening sewing laughing an playing hard ,  I'm going to sahre some of our pictures from the day ,so I hope you will all enjoy ..Barbara

Sorry everyone I can't seem to get the pictures to download right now so I'll try again alittle later .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:27 PM

Nancy Yeah its pretty chilly here but not snow cold , We hear there is some nasty weather heading down thru SD. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 10:22 PM

Yes we are cold here in south dakota.  No snow here.  The cold wind blew here all day.  It is only 39 degrees tonight.  We turned on the heater. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 6:58 AM

We had rain and snow mix last night, this morning I woke up to a white blanket.  I'll need my boots for outside bus duty this am and pm. To everyone at retreat have fun.  Wish I was there to laugh learn and share.  Big quilty hugs to each and everyone.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Barbara - You are doing alright as Lois Lane so far.  Keep up the good work.  :o) 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:18 PM

Barbara, have you tried uploading only one picture at a time?  I remember that the network in that house was pretty slow.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,904
gini replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:10 PM

you're doing a great job barbara, wish i were there with you

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 7:35 PM

Hi all,I will be posting all the pictures ,wehn I get home tomorrow ,we have had poor signal here and I have not been able to get my photos to upload form here .  We have been having a really good time .Darlene and Annette left today . and the rest of us will be taking off tomorrow . It has been very cold and windy .but thank goodness no snow .  we have gotten lots of really pretty quilts done . Isabella made us a great Italian dinner tonight  and we din't have one bit of it left over.  Last night we ate out at the Mechaine Shop and it was pretty good to . Pictures to follow  later. we have had great amounts of laughter and just so much fun its hard to believe its almost over .  Take care everyone and I promise you i will get photos  uploaded  so you can all see .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 378
Points 5,080
Annette replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 8:37 PM

Greetings!

I would just like to testify on the G-R-E-A-T time I had with the "Dancing Des Moines Quilters".   Just like the credit card advertising - some things are priceless, and that describes my time with a terrific bunch of ladies.    I was welcomed with open arms and hugs (thanks again Thea!) before I even entered the house, and was included and whisked away immediately with a car full of quilters ready to shop (introductions on the way) at a neighborhood quilt store.   It is so nice to put faces to the names and voices to the signatures.   Unfortunately I had a committment so I had to leave early afternoon today, and I miss you all already.   I really needed a fun stress-free vacation and you couldn't have made it any better!   We were a definite 'lucky 13'.

Many many thanks and hugs for the fun, the laughs, the memories, and the new friendships.   Many thanks Barbara for all your work in setting this retreat up.   Love you all.    Safe journeys to your own homes.   Till we can 'stitch' together again....

Annette

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:04 PM

Travel; prayers up.  So glad you all had such a wonderful time.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,812
Points 43,714
Eileen replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:15 PM

Can't wait to see your photos, Barbara :-) Thanks for the reporting so far.

I hope you all have safe travels home. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:33 PM

Safe travels everyone. Bo safe..

Barbara, i can't wait to see the pictures.  Did any gremlins attend in surprise?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,016
Points 19,565

Home safe. I can also testify to a GREAT time!!! My credit card is melting but had fun shopping with everyone and going to the AQS show.

Isabella - Thanks for the coffee - Bill was excited about new flavors.

Barbara - Thanks for arranging the retreat.

Annette and Elaine Great roomies

Liz, Gretchen and Lena - Thanks for the laughs and for your kitchen duties

Sue, Judy and Tari - Thanks for all your help, advice and laughs.

Thea - Thanks for my rides and for all your encouragement.

Darlene - Thanks for your laughter and for being a friend.  Tell Larry that Bill WILL be at Branson.

Currently, I am  recovering from the drive and Bill is preparing dinner.  Maybe I should give his shirt??

Page 2 of 9 (129 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use