I am new and hooked

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 95
DDCall75 Posted: Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:22 PM

I started quilting this summer and truly have enjoyed every single minute.  I started with the 10 minute block quilts and have five finished.  I am amazed I did it.  I am looking for big block quilts that are easy and pretty at the same time.  I am so new that anything less that big blocks seem overwhelming to me.  I made all my quilts queen size with and without borders.  

So, I am new and looking for big block easy patterns that I can finish for Christmas gifts. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

Welcome to the club DD.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,567
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:34 PM

Welcome DD.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Welcome DD

Don't be intimidated by patterns with smaller blocks.  When you take them step by step, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish.  The Mystery Quilts that they do here on the site are a perfect example.  They are broken down into a step per week. 

You know that saying "How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time."  Same goes for quilting. :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:34 PM

Welcome to the family DD, glad to have you join us.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the club DD.

Margaret

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Welcome!  I too started quilting about 6 months ago and haven't looked back.  I'm not sure what size you mean by "big blocks" but I tend to use 12" blocks.  My favourite site for finding blocks is:   http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html  She has her blocks listed by size and graded as to ease by the  number of stars.  I started by looking at one star ones and have now "graduated" to 2 stars, and I have cut out, but not yet pieced a three star 20" block.  BTW, the *very* annoying music is only on her opening page, not the pages with the actual blocks.   

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 205

I have always enjoyed sewing ever since I was a small child because my mom did't like to sew, but it's been within the last five years that I have been quilting.  

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 205

Leslie you look as old as I looked when I started sewing for the 1st time on a treadle sewing machine.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 205

Kris I see you'er a cat lover, so am I, only it's my grand-daugther who has a cat named Pancho, when he comes he hides, he does'nt want to go home .

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,567
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:02 PM

Yes I am. I have two. Would be more if DH didn't say no.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 5:29 PM

hi dd, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use