quilt hanger clips

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
644 Posts
Points 12,600
Carol from Pittsburgh posted on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:18 AM

Has anyone used the quilt hanger clips that are used instead of a quilt sleeve with a rod? I've completed a quilt of a friend's daughter's business card and I'd like to give her the option of using it as a wallhanging or a throw, so I don't want to attach a sleeve. Do the hanger clips hold well?

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
624 Posts
Points 9,310

I think they would.  I've seen curtain clips that would also work. They have a hoop for the rod to be hung on and the clips attached to the hoops.  I've been thinking about these myself so I could hang and photograph my quilts.  Do a Google search on curtain clips.  There are all kinds out there (some better than others I'm sure).

Margaret

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
4 Posts
Points 65

Are you are talking about the wood clamps with a screw for tightening them down?  Yes I have used them for several years.  They work very well even for large quilts. 

You will need 3 clamps for the quilt to hang evenly.  The only problem I have is when I change out the wall hangings.  I end up making new holes in the wall.

Ginny M

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
644 Posts
Points 12,600

Yes, Ginny, I was talking about those wooden ones with the screws. I've seen them online in a couple different places. I think I'll give them a try.

Margaret, I like the idea of the curtain clips, too. They'd probably give a nice appearance to a wallhanging.

Thanks!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,057 Posts
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:44 PM

I have they are awesomeeeee for small to medium wall hangings. I haven't used it on really large wall quilts though.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use