Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 410
dickdiana68 Posted: Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:34 AM

Hi Everyone,

My name is Diana and I am from Ohio.  I am so thankful to be part of this group of quilters.  I have so much to learn about quilting and I'm sure there are some very knowledgeable people in this club.

I live near a small town in the country with my husband of 43 years. We have four sons which as a result has increased our family  and given us four beautiful granddaughters and one lively grandson.  

Besides quilting, I love to weave on my loom, crochet, knit, (sorta) cross stitch, and play the piano.  My husband is most grateful that I love to cook and enjoy trying new recipes. I very much like to can and freeze vegetables from the garden.  I sing with a trio in church and I love making new friends.  My husband has retired so we are trying to do some traveling.  We are leaving tomorrow for Boston to visit with one of our sons.  

I hope each of you have a wonderful and blessed day.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:37 AM

Diane ,Nice to have you with us , This is a great place to learn.  Have a safe trip to Boston. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,765
Diana replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:37 AM

Welcome from one Diana to Another,

You'll love it here and we have some great quilters.  We love to share our knowledge and love of quilting.  If you're ever in the East Tn. area (Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg)  look me up.  I live about 3/4 hour from them.  Enjoy your trip to Boston.  Colors of the trees are getting beautiful.  I was up in Albany, NY area last week and the colors are coming out nicely.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 12:31 PM

dickdiana68:
 We are leaving tomorrow for Boston to visit with one of our sons.

Diana, enjoy your visit with your son.  I'll wave to you from Millbury, just west of Boston.  Glad we didn't plan to meet, I have a horrible cough that sounds contagious.  I'm feeling better but have coughing fits regularly.  Drinking lots of herbal teas.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome Diana.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Marie:
I'm feeling better but have coughing fits regularly
do be cautious Marie ----- that's how Dave's bout with bronchitis started

And Diana - let me add my welcome to the chorus here.  Glad to have you join us.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 2:21 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):

do be cautious Marie ----- that's how Dave's bout with bronchitis started

Thanks for the concern, Marge, doing everything I can to avoid that.  I have doors and windows open to get some fresh air in my lungs and that seems to help.  Nice fresh crisp fall air, love it.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Welcome Diana

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

So glad you joined us. It is so cool that you also weave. You sound like a very busy busy woman. I hope you have a great time with your son. Come back often. The quilters here are very kind and helpful. Have a great trip.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Diana--

Welcome!  My goodness you are one multi-talented lady.  Enjoy your time here.  BTW, I have a daughter in Boston, so we have one other thing in common.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:00 AM

welcome to the group, diana

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 410

Barbara,  We are back from Boston and had a great time visiting with our son.  The hardest part is leaving, but anyone who has children who live very far away know how I feel.  We have a ladies group at our church who tries to get together and do different things.  I thought for November I would attempt to teach them how to make no sew quilted Christmas ornaments.  I have watched several videos and I purchased what I needed to get started, but I would welcome any advice that would help me.  Most of the ladies do not quilt, however I thought it would be a fun way to introduce them to the world of quilting.  Have a great and blessed day.   Diane

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 7:00 AM

Diana,that is just what our young people need is someone to show them what they can accomplish , We need to get our young to enjoy and love this art. good for you for doing this . Just start simple so they don't feel over -whelmed . Good luck and we would ove to see pictures of their work.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 410

Diana, Thanks for the great welcome.  When I was a little girl I use to say that when I married, the boy would be from Tennessee, just so I could live there.  It never worked out that way, but yes I still love Tennessee.  We try to visit the Smokey Mountain region once or twice a year.  Most people come for the entertainment, however my husband and I love to camp and enjoy the beautiful scenery.  We are still hoping to get to go there this fall and if we do I would love to meet you.  How long have you been quilting?    Diana

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 410

Marie,  Sorry to hear you have been sick and hope you are feeling better.  It seems like it takes so long to get over a cough.  We try to go to Boston either over the fourth of July or in the fall so maybe next time we can get together.  I was invited to join a quilting club that has opened up in our area.  At their next meeting they will have a lady demonstrate how to make a string quilt.  Since I am fairly new at this, I have no idea what kind of quilt this could be.  Any information on this type of quilt would be helpful.  I feel I could benefit more from the talk if I knew something about it.  Hope you have a great day.  Diana

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use