Top 10 Posters

Finding Glow in the Dark Fabric

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
8 Posts
Points 205
SAMELLA posted on Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:15 PM

I am looking for fabric that glows in the dark for a childs quilt. Does anyone know where I can purchase some? I have tried JoAnn's fabric and Hancock's fabric without any success. Please help me find it. I am also looking for a pattern to make the the surgerical hats that doctors and staff where in the hospital. All suggestions appreciated.

• | Post Points: 110

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,057 Posts
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:39 PM

Uhmm not sure about hats but I know there are patterns for scrubs you can buy from the pattern makers either simplicity or the other one which I can't remember the name of at the moment. Also try under halloween costumes for the hats maybe. You might have to think outside of the realm for the glow in the dark and go non clothing such as decorator fabric for the glow in the dark. Try a search on google for glow in the dark fabric or on ebay or if you know which fabric producer made it go to the website of that company and see which local quilt stores in your area sell it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
1,507 Posts
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 6:28 AM

I just went to    www.fabshophop.com    and did a search of glow in the dark.  Michael Miller fabrics makes it.  It showed a few shops with Halloween type fabric that glows in the dark.   Take a look.    Hope this helps you out.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
642 Posts
Points 16,275

SAMELLA:

I am looking for fabric that glows in the dark for a childs quilt. Does anyone know where I can purchase some? I have tried JoAnn's fabric and Hancock's fabric without any success. Please help me find it. I am also looking for a pattern to make the the surgerical hats that doctors and staff where in the hospital. All suggestions appreciated.

hi Samella - I bought glow in the dark fabric from fabric.com. One is a Michael Miller fairy frost (it's white by day and glowing at night) and the others are: a spider web by Timeless Treasures and the third one  is from the "Hocus Pocus " collection by Mark Hordyszynski (for Michael Miller). I used them in my son's Harry Potter quilt and he really likes the glow in the dark blocks.

I hope it helps.

Zsofia

Not Ranked
Female
17 Posts
Points 335
J.P. replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:30 AM

Samella,

Don't know anything about the glow in the dark fabric, but Butterick has a pattern for the surgical  hats (kid  size).  It's pattern # 5565 Fast & Easy for kid's pj's.  Hope this helps.  I make pj's for my grand kids every Christmas and these look like scrubs.  God Bless,  JP

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,350 Posts
Points 174,638
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 12:35 PM

Samella, I made my DGD a quilt which had the glow in the dark white fabric which I got at my local quilt shop.  Check yours first before you go online, a quick call should do it.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
8 Posts
Points 205

Already tried local fabric stores. Might have to buy the paint and make my own fabric. Too much work. Also did a goggle, bing, etc search.

Not Ranked
Female
8 Posts
Points 205

thanks a lot for the info.

Not Ranked
Female
8 Posts
Points 205

Thanks for the info, it helped.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,350 Posts
Points 174,638
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:07 AM

SAMELLA:

Already tried local fabric stores. Might have to buy the paint and make my own fabric. Too much work. Also did a goggle, bing, etc search.

Samella, if you don't find it online, I could check with the shop near me and see if they have it any longer and if they are willing to ship what you need.  Let me know.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:26 AM

Keepsake quilting...try them.

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

i just got some from equilter.  also so some on timeless treasure.

Top 50 Contributor
2,705 Posts
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:12 PM

I was just wondering on the glow in the dark fabric if it would still glow after a washing?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,070 Posts
Points 16,400

http://www.overrainbow.com/ They have some glow in the dark.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use