Top 10 Posters

Escape to Leavenworth

Page 35 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 579 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:10 PM

Deb, if you could tell me the name of that book you bought that I wanted and was to cheap to buy, I'll see if they have it here somewhere.  thats if you can't send it.  I am looking forward to cutting into that tower I bought.  How was your trip home? 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:36 PM

I'm going to try to hit city quilts tomorrow.   

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Don't know where that is, but have fun Gini.....

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:52 AM

Wow! I received a package from Lisa in the mail yesterday, a neat Ott Light that I can put to good use in my sewing room! Thanks everyone who voted for the baby quilt I made for Lisa's hospital preemies.

I've been busy trying to get the last of the garden produce canned and froze before the heavy rain hits tomorrow. Since this will be our first rain in a couple of months it's welcome but does signal the end of summer here in Western Washington.

Thanks Maggie for sending your Bear Mountain leftovers. I've got the blocks up on my design wall, trying to make a plan. The Bear Mountain fabric really brings the other blocks together. I figured out my purchase of the light blue batik blender at Attic Windows, I meant to use it for the delectable mountains sky then forgot I bought it and used the pale green batik instead. Oh well, more for my stash.

Sounds like you're having fun in NYC Gini. I envy you going to Quilt City.

Donna I hope you got the dog delivered safely.

Lisa, thanks again for the light. It was so good to see you at the retreat, I hope it didn't set your accident recovery back and helped lift your spirits a little.

And Spud, I think I did more of the crowding, spreading my stuff all over the table. You were a wonderful tablemate.

Thanks Jacy for the suggestion to make this a row quilt, I think it will work great. Here's what I have so far for my Northwoods blocks, I may do a couple more cabins and another mountains row. Thanks Deb for the Minnesota Lakes blocks, Marge for the beaver, bear and trees blocks and Maggie for the Bear Mountain blocks.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 12:07 PM

Judy E

Your quilt is looking really neat.  Great job on combining all the different fabrics and blocks.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Judy your quilt is going to be wonderful and every time you look at it it will remind you of your friends from the retreat who contributed to your lovely creation. I really like your mountain blocks and wish I was not so blonde, I tried to remember what you showed me on how to make them but not sure it sunk in LOL. After all the grandkids quilts are completely done I'm going to try to make some of the blocks you all shared at the retreat.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,087
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:09 PM

gini:
I'm going to try to hit city quilts tomorrow.   

Gini,

I hope you made it there and enjoyed it. I've ordered from them before.

My package from Buggy Barn arrived today as I was leaving for work. It was all in one box. I'll get pictures later.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,041
Points 369,087
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:10 PM

lcqultr46:
Thanks Maggie for sending your Bear Mountain leftovers. I've got the blocks up on my design wall, trying to make a plan.

Judy E,

This looks great. You'll have a fabulous quilt when you're done.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:24 PM

Thanks Nana, I think the blocks and fabric colors were a lucky accident, we really didn't plan ahead or consult with each other.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:25 PM

Thanks Kris, I'm really happy with how everyone's blocks look together.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:25 PM

City quilts was a great store.  No purchases, though.  We had to get buzzed in. Judy took a picture of one of their sample quilts from Kate fassett fabric.

We had long day and walked miles.    We ventured on the subway this morning.  Toured the 911 memorial, which is a phenomenal design.   We toured the new York Vietnam memorial, too.  It's fountain made the sound of chopper blades. It was designed very well, too.   Then we walked up wall st. And china town, then continued up the streets until we reached home.  6 or so miles.  My dogs are plumb tuckered.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:10 PM

Gini, I think you did more in one day than I could do in a week.   Sounds like a fabulous time.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:11 PM

JudyEE,

Your quilt is looking wonderful, if it needs a home i will volunteer my services, its a difficult job but someone has to do it. LOL.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:39 PM

Can can't believe it got home and got sick!  Sure glad I was not sick up there.  

Gini, glad you are having such a great time in NY

Kris can't wait to here what was in your package

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 1:10 AM

I enjoyed this retreat even more than the year before.  And I really needed it.  Thanks ladies for such a wonderful time.  I have yet to remove the appendage from my ruddy duck.  Makes me laugh every time I see it. 

And one of the best things, is we don't have to wait a whole year for the next one.  And I am getting excited about the Oregon retreat.  What a nice location and lots of space.  And I think will be easier for those flying to get to.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 35 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use