Top 10 Posters

Escape to Leavenworth

Page 32 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 579 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505

Judy T-Bellingham:

Debbie-do.  I just looked at your postcard in your gallery. What does the other side look like? Is it paper? 

Judy, both sides are fabric with fusible Pellon alternative to Timtex inbetween. I've always just used muslin on the back but anything plain and light in color would work.  I found the postcard back rubber stamp online for the back and have a drawer full of smaller sayings and pictures.  I put a regular first class stamp on it and ask them to hand stamp it at the post office.  Don't let them talk you into extra postage, it isn't needed!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,112
Points 110,325

Debbie-do:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Debbie-do.  I just looked at your postcard in your gallery. What does the other side look like? Is it paper? 

Judy, both sides are fabric with fusible Pellon alternative to Timtex inbetween. I've always just used muslin on the back but anything plain and light in color would work.  I found the postcard back rubber stamp online for the back and have a drawer full of smaller sayings and pictures.  I put a regular first class stamp on it and ask them to hand stamp it at the post office.  Don't let them talk you into extra postage, it isn't needed!

Debbie, this is wonderful. I'd never heard of fabric postcards. I'm surprised the stamps stick to the fabric.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505

The cards I make are 5 x 7"

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:09 PM

I don't plan to stamp a saying on the address side of the card.  I'll write a personalized Christmas letter with a pigma pen.  Obviously, it will have to be short.

Debbie, where did you find the stamp for the address lines?  I should probably get one ordered now as Christmas will be here before we know it!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,282
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:15 PM

gini:
nana and kris, you didn't have any trouble with your scissors, did you?

No problems Gini. I had three pairs on the trip home.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505

MNnancy:

I don't plan to stamp a saying on the address side of the card.  I'll write a personalized Christmas letter with a pigma pen.  Obviously, it will have to be short.

Debbie, where did you find the stamp for the address lines?  I should probably get one ordered now as Christmas will be here before we know it!

Here's one on E-bay that's the same size as the one I have, just a little fancier!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Postcard-Post-Card-Floral-Template-Note-Letter-River-City-Rubber-Stamp-/221134066016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337c9e1160

They have some unmounted stamps like the one I have that I bet Randy could mount for you real easy... search "postcard rubber stamp" on Ebay or Google and I'm sure you'll find something.  I don't remember where I found mine but that's how I went about looking for it!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620
Quiltless replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:08 PM

gini:

found my camera, it was in the last place i looked, duh.  i couldn't print my boarding pass because i claimed a sharp object.   nana and kris, you didn't have any trouble with your scissors, did you?

Speaking of scissors --

When I started packing up for THIS year's retreat, I found an extra pair of Gingher dress shears.  I have 2, but found a third pair.  Mine had a scratch.  The mysterious scissors that showed up in my packed gear had a scratch too.  I was going to bring them to this retreat, but never made it.  So, is anybody from the October 2011 Leavenworth retreat missing a pair of 8" Gingher dress shears?  If so, please send me an e-mail and I'll make it right with you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:02 AM

gini:

ok gang,  i don't want to hear any snorts, chuckles, belly laughs, guffaws or giggles ( i mean it kris).  does anyone happen to have an extra camera? 

Sorry Gini but I couldn't help myself.  I snorted and guffawed and giggled.  You had the hardest time keeping up with your stuff this retreat.  I think you spent more time looking for things then you actually spent sewing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:06 AM

Gini

I didn't have any problems with my scissors.  I didn't "claim" them on the computer before I printed my boarding pass though.  I just laid me sewing kit in the bin when going thru security.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,642
Points 61,860
Jacy replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:05 PM

Nana, I have your things packaged up and ready to mail but i can't find your address. Can you PM it to me.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630

Spudgrandma:
posted a picture of your sewing

I posted the photos of my sewing room and new table in the What did you do today thread.  And no problem helping you unload, my husband was busy when I got home to I got to unload everything except the table by myself. I was beat.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Vivian :
I got home to I got to unload everything except the table by myself. I was beat.

I bet you were. I really enjoyed meeting you, it was so much fun getting to know everyone and putting a face to a name. Love the pics of your sewing space, it is beautiful!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070

Just got back home to Buellton.  It was a Miricle I made it.  Alaska Air computers were done due to a cut fiberoptic cable.  Ours was one of the only flights not canceled.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Glad you made it Elizabeth, being stranded and not able to sew would not be much fun :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 8:41 PM

I heard about Alaska Airlines on the news today and hoped no one was affected -- glad you made it Elizabeth and sorry you were affected Gini.    Did you finally get onboard with your scissors?   I mailed all but one little pair before I left so they couldn't confiscate them.  

I am determined to make one of the tool holders all the VB ladies got.   It looks so convenient.  I will look for the pattern but if not, I'll "wing" it as best I can.   There was so much creativity and talent floating around that room it had to rub off, so I'lll try it.    

I finally finished by Celtic block and it looks great.   I am going to make 3 more to add to my Baltimore CC quilt.     

Jacy, Judy, and Spud, you were great tablemates.   Loved your soup Jacy and I will make it for my family too.  Yum!   You are such pleasure to be around -- so easygoing.  Judy E, I pulled the fabric I promised and hope to get it in the mail by the end of the week.   Spud, you have a great sense of humor and I loved finally meeting you.   I will tell the folks at Mulqueen's "Hi" for you.    Hope to see all of you at the next retreat.

Kris, you have to let us know when your bundle arrives. It was fun to watch you at the Buggy Barn, especially when you were laying on the floor and the poor shopowners didn't know what to think. 

Page 32 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use