Top 10 Posters

Escape to Leavenworth

Page 30 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 579 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 2:47 AM

As Donna B said, we got home about 5 PM Friday.   I visited with my dh for about an hour and took a nap and didn't wake up till almost midnight - and then went back to sleep for the night.  I did get some stuff unpacked just so I could show him what I had accomplished.  

Thanks so much, Gini, for the Celtic Knot lessons - he was impressed! :-)  I bought the 1/4" bias tape maker at JoAnn's so I am set to make up some more tape. Also got some nice black fabric with very dark gray little circles on it and a very pretty soft orange all over mum fabric that should work great with the kaliedoscope blocks. Thanks for your input on finishing them, Gini..

JudyEE - I had put off working on the kaliedoscope blocks until sometime Thursday afternoon as I was procrastinating.  They were the only project I hadn't worked on so finally bit the bullet and got them done.  They were a kit and the fabrics they had sent to put on the corners were atrocious but Gini suggested what to finish it with it.  Really need to get it done before it becomes another PHD.  At least it is in better shape than when they were just little pieces in a plastic bag.

It was great meeting the new ones this year - and of course it was wonderful seeing all of the repeat retreaters from last year - so glad everyone is back home safe and sound.  Thanks Patti for another great retreat.  You need to retire and become a full time retreat organizer.:-)

Thanks to Kris for the wonderful reporting on our activities.  It adds so much to have it all in true time so all the folks at home can join in on the fun.  It has been fun to read through all of the posts.  I really think our "gremlins" were behaving pretty well.....most of the time.  :-)

They say that laughter is good medicine, well, we all got a really good dose of the past few days.  Thanks all!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

Nancy, my husband took one look at the table on the back of my truck and just shook his head and said he was sure we couldn't unload it, which I knew.  But its the holiday weekend and we have all kinds of kinth and kin around ( one I gave birth to so he owes me and two I gave daughters to so I guess I owe them but I can up my bill and owe them a bit more!!) and if I can,t call on them, I'll hire someone.  But one way or another, that table will be in my sewing room before the turkey hits the dining room table.  The top is so nice I hate to cover it with the big cutting mat.  I can see myself moving my sewing machine down to that table just to enjoy it.  Slowly, slowly my sewing room is going to be everything I always wanted.  I even have time to sew these days!! Now that the cutting table is on rollers, I can move it away from the only wall I have and I can put up a design wall. I couln't bring myself to cover up a window so I have been doing without.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,446
Points 176,303
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 11:23 AM

Thanks Nana, I hope CT still has the pattern.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,446
Points 176,303
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 11:30 AM

Glad everyone made it home safely.  Thanks again to Kris who made it feel like we were there with all her great pictures and reporting.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 116
Points 1,405
MNcarol replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 11:45 AM

Jackie, could you share your yummy tortilla soup with those of us that weren't at the retreat please?  I'm always up for a new soup recipe now that it's fall and soup weather.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

MNCarol, you will really like Jayce's Tortilla Soup it is really good. I don't like a lot of things I used to but I really liked her soup, I plan to make it tonight... yummmmm

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

So happy you all made it home safe and sound. I had a hard time driving the first hour, I really hated to leave you all, I'm still sitting here in awe of all of you and how talented and giving you are. I will never forget your kindness and can never repay you for my wonderful retreat experience. (((HUGS)))

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Vivian, you may need a bigger truck... :)    I read that you bought a new cutting table and was wondering if you had ever posted a picture of your sewing room, I would love to see it.          I also wanted to thank you for helping me unload my car when I arrived.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:44 PM

I agree Spud, the soup is really good. I've got the crockpot started already for tonight's supper.

Great to here everyone's made it home safely, hopefully with all their purchases. I found a yard of light blue batik that I don't remember purchasing in my bag from Attic Window Quilt Shop. Maybe I did buy it but I can't remember why. Is anyone missing some light blue batik? Maybe I'm just having a senior moment.

Thanks again for all the fun and education, thanks Patti for the organizing , do you have specific dates in April? And thanks Kris for being the Chronicler of Leavenworth altho my dh said he could have done without the pictures of the Washington ski patrol on the theory what he doesn't see he doesn't have to worry about.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Judy, I know the batik is not mine, I've never had any batik.

I really enjoyed getting to know you and to share a table with you. I hope I did not crowd you too much :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,666
Points 120,350

lcqultr46:
do you have specific dates in April?

Patti, I'll be interested when you get the dates for October on the Oregon Coast.  I won't make Leavenworth in the spring, but I'm hoping it will work out for Oregon.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,666
Points 120,350

lcqultr46:
I agree Spud, the soup is really good

Is the soup recipe posted? Jacy, was it yours? I'm always looking for more tasty soups to make.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Judy, I'm so glad I got to meet you. I'm glad you were able to come on Thurs, your paper pieced quilt was amazing.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,204
Points 24,385
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:57 PM

Sorry it should be jayce not Jackiee that made the soup, my apologie I am terrible at names but remember good food 

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,666
Points 120,350

Spudgrandma:

Judy, I'm so glad I got to meet you. I'm glad you were able to come on Thurs, your paper pieced quilt was amazing.

Thanks Spud. When Gini called and said you were leaving by noon I "informed" George that he was getting up at 5am cuz I had an important person to meet!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 30 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use