Top 10 Posters

Escape to Leavenworth

Page 29 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 579 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 7:16 PM

I made it home at noon today -- such a fantastic I met so many beautiful and fun people.  Don't think I have laughed so much in forever!   

I think those stalkers posted a page back.  They vvere pretty shady looking!! 

Thank you Patti for your hard vvork and for your sense of humor vvhen the gremlins got to your rovv.

Gini, thanks for giving me some great hand applique and celtic bar knovvledge and tips.  (and soooo many belly laughs)

Everyone else:  thanks for making me a part of the quilting family, I loved meeting you all and novv I vvant to move to VVashington to be near the VVashington Ski Squad - such fun ladies.

Kris thanks so much for sharing your talents and knovvledge so readily vvith me.  I loved meeting you and already think of you as a friend and especially thanks for not hogging the blankets!  : - )

Nana, you vvere great fun, love your bavvdy sense of humor.  Sorry you had to get up at 3:30 this morning.  I feel bad that you and Kris both are still flying around as I sit here so relaxed. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,162
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 7:26 PM

Gini Jacy and Maggie,

Glad you made it home safely. I'm in Chicago waiting for my flight to board. Just a 1 hour layover here. After I get to Manchester I'll have an hour and a half car ride then I'll be home.

They're calling, have to go.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020

Here with my son and family in Sultan.  Glad all of you are home and safe.  Kris drive safety home and it was a real pleasure meeting all of you

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 8:05 PM

Safe flight home Kris.  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:00 PM

I stopped in Smmerland and picked up my new cutting table and carried on to Vernon to pick up my aunt. Her plans had changed and she was unable to join us for Thanksgiving.  Which is probably a good thing.

I  travel, just not lightly.  After stuffing in a case of wine, a case of peaches and one of pears as well as my luggage and the doors and shelves for the cutting table etc, she would have had to cling to the roof.  There is no way I can have a smart car, or any car.

I made it home about 5 tonight,  I had a wonderful time and I am delighted to see everyone again and to meet the new ones, even my sewing table buddy (you coming to Leavenworth in April??)!!

CC your DH must have been looking at the wrong thread.  We were sober, industrious and in bed by 9 each night.   Really.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:13 PM

Kris, I wish I'd checked in earlier - I would've waived in the direction of O'Hare. Hope you made it rhough the maze of terminals there. Too bad they don't make quilt shops that big! LOL

Thanks to Kris for her reporting and thanks to each of the participants for sharing your fun with us. I love seeing your smiling faces, hearing about your escapades & looking at your quilting creativity!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:17 PM

Goodness Vivian, big quilts big table.  I love having a truck for such things.  Maybe I will be lucky in April and get to be your table buddy too!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:22 PM

It is to replace the one I already have.  Its really flimsy and I can't move it easily.  This one has wheels and shelves and a cabinet at each end and Im in love.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:29 PM

Wow, Vivian, that's quite a table.  I hope some young bucks helped load that for you.

Randy and I arrived home safely at 6:30 this evening.  Sounds like we may have beat Kris.  I'm already unpacked and have dirty clothes sorted for laundry tomorrow and packing tomorrow evening to be ready for community leadership training Monday through Friday.  Sheez, I'd like to be home for a few days.

Enjoyed looking at my new garden rows again as I put them up on the design wall.  Thanks group!

Thanks for organizing another fun retreat, Patti.  Looking forward to Oregon!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 10:33 PM

I have finally made it home.  Left Spokane at 6am and landed in Roanoke at 10:30 pm.  It has been a long day ...  especially the 5 hr layover in Chicago.  They about froze me to death with the air conditioner in the terminal.  I had icecicles hanging off my nose...LOL>

Maggie I loved meeting you.  I had so much fun with you both at the hotel and at retreat.

Elizabeth it was great meeting you.  Keep working on those scrappys.  You will get there eventually...LOL>

All the "ole timers"...  it was fantastic seeing you all again.  I hope to be able to come back out and sew with you again,.

Gini...thanks for the ride and the tour.  I loved seeing the Buggy Barn.  You are so special.   Love you.

Jacy thanks for taking the things I couldn't fit into the suitcase to mail.  Just get what you can into a flat rate box and don't worry about all the clothes if they won't fit.  The only clothes that are important to me is the pink t-shirt that Deb brought me.  You are the best.  I only had 2 lbs to spare on the suitcase weight...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Just got all the way home about 7PM. I'm exhausted but I had a wonderful time. I'll try to write more tomorrow. THANK YOU all for the wonderful experience, love you all!!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 27,020
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 11:27 PM

Jackie, made your yummy tortilla soup for my family tonight.  So easy and they loved it.  Thanks for bringing it and sharing the recipe

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 12:02 AM

Marie

The thread catcher is called The Abbey Bag and I got it at Connecting Threads. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,162
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 1:09 AM

I made it home about 1230 AM. I'm aching and exhausted.

I'm happy everyone made it home safely. More later.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 2:06 AM

I'm glad to hear everyone made it home safely. 

I had to go to work just as soon as I got home, football game, friend spending the night, cross country meet, birthday party, neighbor boys over to play. At this rate i'll be longing to escape to another retreat pretty soon!

I had so much fun at the retreat, it was so great to spend time with you all. It will be way too long till the next retreat.

Nana, I will get your stuff packaged up and mailed hopefully Monday.

Page 29 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use