Top 10 Posters

Escape to Leavenworth

Page 28 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 579 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Just cranked up the computer and had to stop by and catch up as the retreat wound down.  You all made such beautiful things while you were there.  Looks like a good time was had by all. 

Kris - once again you outdid yourself as the intrepid reporter / photographer.  Thanks for all of your hard work that let the rest of us enjoy the retreat vicariously!!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610

Marie:

Have a safe escape from Leavenworth to home gals and guys and thank you for allowing us to join you vicariously with all your posts and pics.

Ditto

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:14 PM

Kris:
Buggy Barn was AWESOME!

Waaaa, I want to go!

We made it to Billings for the night.  It's snowing pretty good right now, so I'm hoping it stops soon and that the roads will be dry (and not icy) by morning.

CC, we're on the Interstate all the way so nowhere near your home.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,409
Points 62,070
Bonita replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:25 PM

Thank you Kris and all the other ladies for leting us share in all the fun. The pictures where great and all the quilts and other projects were inspiring. I can't wait to see some of you in Branson in March. Safe travels to all of you not yet home.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Kris:

Vivian :

I have to go now, Nana said her rubber broke and we have to find her a new one.  

ROFLOL

That got me, too, lol.

Deb from Mall of America Land

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:24 PM

Looks like you all had a great time & were very productive, thanks Kris for all you hard work reporting & photos.

Clare xx

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 283
Points 4,415

Mom and I had a nice, leisurely drive home. I spent almost an hour telling Dad about the trip, showed him the pictures of Mom and of me at our tables. Showed him the quilting gifts and blocks. He was as amazed as I am by all the talent. Had such a good time. Thanks to Kris for the great pictures and captioning. Thanks to Gini's Sam for the soup and cheese cake. Thanks to Jaci for the terrific soup and chips. Thanks to all for teaching me so much, again. Hugs to Spud, Lisa and Elizabeth. Get well!  Love you all :-)

Deb from Mall of America Land

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,297
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:41 PM

Deb and Bertie,

it's good to hear you made it home safely.

Nancy,

safe travels in that bad weather.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:55 PM

Hi everyone, Marge P and I made it home about 5pm...after 3 stops in Wenatchee for even more fabric (LOL), plus Petco and Costco.  Nice drive home on a beautiful fall day! 

It was so good to see everyone again and to meet Maggie and Elizabeth!  I think we all had a marvelous time!!!  It was so much fun with lots of good laughs and lots of quilting.  What a bunch of great quilters!  Thanks to all of you for such a great week and a special thanks for Kris (our beloved reporter) for recording all the fun and adventures for posterity.  It is fun just to read about what we have been doing all week...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,114
Points 110,350

chocake2:

Oh man.... This sucks. DH has been reading your adventures over my shoulder. He grumbled a bit about the drinking, his eye-brows twitched when the monkeys got frisky...but the broken rubber did him in. He says I won't be going on any retreats since it's clear that debotchery rules the day.

LOL

ROFLOL!!!!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:58 PM

lcqultr46:
Donna the fish turned out great, you must have had a wonderful teacher. :-)

I sure did...the very best!!!!  Thanks sooo much,

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:01 PM

what a wonderful retreat, thank you everyone. and especially patti for being a great wagon leader.

it was so nice to meet the newbies maggie,elizabeth, and jan; and  visit with all the oldies   :  ) 

spud, it was so wonderful to finally get to meet you , safe travels on the final leg of your trip home.

gold stars to our Ace Reporter, no wait,   that was you that got the shot of my back side?    bad kris, next year i get to be editor.  

i got my chicks delivered safely.   (my goodness jacy lives in the boonies.)  

it seemed we were being tailed by two rather shady looking characters.  every time we made a stop, and turned around, there they were.  i was very surprised that we didn't run into them at the buggy barn.  i kept  peeking around corners to spot them, but no, we managed to lose them.   whew.   kris and nana were afraid they would start beating us to the quilt shops and buy them out before we got there.

i arrived home to 35 degrees and no pilot light.  my sweetie forgot to start it before he left.     i am too tired tonight to do it.   the heating pad is hard at work in my bed, and  i will be joining it shortly.  :  )    gotta practice my tossing and turning.  it seems, i fall asleep too quickly to suit some folks.   

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

The pictures of the retreat were wonderful.  Everyone did such amazing work.  I hope everyone is home safely.

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:13 PM

good heavens i'm slow, i just got it,  butt-terfly.   thanks claire, glad you approve    :  )

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 7:16 PM

I made it home at noon today -- such a fantastic I met so many beautiful and fun people.  Don't think I have laughed so much in forever!   

I think those stalkers posted a page back.  They vvere pretty shady looking!! 

Thank you Patti for your hard vvork and for your sense of humor vvhen the gremlins got to your rovv.

Gini, thanks for giving me some great hand applique and celtic bar knovvledge and tips.  (and soooo many belly laughs)

Everyone else:  thanks for making me a part of the quilting family, I loved meeting you all and novv I vvant to move to VVashington to be near the VVashington Ski Squad - such fun ladies.

Kris thanks so much for sharing your talents and knovvledge so readily vvith me.  I loved meeting you and already think of you as a friend and especially thanks for not hogging the blankets!  : - )

Nana, you vvere great fun, love your bavvdy sense of humor.  Sorry you had to get up at 3:30 this morning.  I feel bad that you and Kris both are still flying around as I sit here so relaxed. 

Page 28 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use