Top 10 Posters

Escape to Leavenworth

Page 11 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 579 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,240
Angele replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:51 AM

Beautiful quilt Nana.

do any of you ever sleep?  I am amazed at the amount of work being done there.

kris with all the reporting you do I can't believe you have time to sew!  Beautiful redwork by the way.

i love Patti's fracture block, Deb's baby quilt, Nana's blocks, Elizabeth's new quilt, Gini's fall color blocks, and Donna's tiny log cabin...wow that is small!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 14,735
Dawn replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:19 AM

Wow!  Loving all the quilts!  You guys rock at quilting!  Thanks for keeping us updated, Kris!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,812
Points 43,714
Eileen replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:13 AM

I've had fun this morning catching up with you busy bees! Looks like you're all having a great time & making beautiful quilts. Glad to see all of your smiling faces including Spud.  Keep having fun & thanks for sharing it with us :-)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,292
Points 29,205
Agnes replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:59 AM

Wonderful reporting! Wonderful work! Wish I were there.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

Marie:

Now's the time for Gremlins to get to work, show them what you can do girls then show us.

I never thought to 'gremlinize" the neighbors.  And I never looked at the site until after they were back.  Opportunities missed everywhere.   I got a major amount of work done on a quilt I have been saving for some time.  Turns out the measurements are not quite correct so I'm going to take my 20 or so precut, presewn columns home and figure it out.  I'll probably have to take every other block, rip it and cut it down a half to a quarter inch.  I am working on a much less problematic project.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 107
Points 1,615
Judy replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:30 AM

Those snowmen are just too cute! You guys all do absolutely beautiful work! Can't wait for the Iowa retreat to start tomorrow! You all have a great time!!!!

Judy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Kris and All the Leavenworth retreaters--

Just caught up with your posts and must admit to feeling a little homesick.  Looks like y'all are having the usual great fun and getting lots of beautiful projects done.  Miss you all very much.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,912
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:40 AM

Kris:

Thea:
Kris - is this the quilt you are doing -

Yep Thea,

I have had two kits of this quilt for about 8 to 10 years, one blue one red. I'm making this one for a friend who expressed interest in the red one. I'm contemplating colours for the embroidery but I'll keep the blocks one colour.

It's taken me this long to do it because I really detest tracing.

Kris, I think you and I have the same taste completely - lol - we do so many of the same quilts - same with Helen from Canada... I miss seeing her here - I think you need to get this quilt finished... Both my SILs have made this quilt too but I am the only one who made it scrappy.  I also added that outside border to mine - didn't like it ending with the blocks - and had that cute snowmen fabric - Get yours done girl - with all these retreats you are going to - you need to get the sewing done and have someone else do some of the reporting... lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:44 AM

Kris, Nana's quilt is a TENT if Nancy had to stand on a chair to hold it up.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,912
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:46 AM

I am just amazed at all the work you ladies are putting out - 

Nana your batik quilt top is going to be just gorgeous - love those colors - and your finished top is very very pretty...

those little log cabins are giving me a headache - my poor eyes - the meticulous work you are doing is just awesome.  

the baby quilts are absolutely gorgeous - I have to start making some of those for the new Grand baby due in April - better get my butt in gear - can I hire you...teehee...

I can not wait till tomorrow to get to Walnut Creek and meet back up with our retreat ladies... and to meet all of you Leavenworth ladies that are coming to Branson next year - whoo hoo - party time...

Please continue giving me all the eye candy that your are showing me - I am truly loving seeing it all from the distance...

Barbara is getting ready to take me shop hopping here in MO as soon as Elaine arrives.  I slept well on her couch last night although the change in temperature from OK is driving my arthritis into over drive...teehee - too bad for the arthritis - lol - I will continue on - just wasn't ready for the damp cold yet - still 90 in OK... the temp last night here I think was down in the low 50s...brrrrr... I can't imagine the temps werhe you are...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:48 AM

Vivian, 1st opportunity missed, get ready for the next one is my advice.  : )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:50 AM

It does my heart good to see Spud, and looking so well and happy. Please give her a hug from me.

Y'all are really creating some beautiful quilts out there. We look forward to seeing more.

(((Hugs))) to all

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:58 AM

Spud, it's nice to put a face to the name.  You are looking well my friend!  I wish I could be there to give you big hugs and welcome you but cyber hugs and welcomes will have to do.  I Love your DGS quilt.   The quilt Nana made for you must be very special, it's beautiful!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:00 AM

Pat, your fractures block is beautiful!  Will have to look that method up, looks complicated.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:05 AM

Donna your Goose Tracks quilt is incredibly beautiful, WOW!

Jacy, your Scrap Squad quilts are amazing!  Especially love the fish quilt. 

Millbury, MA

Page 11 of 39 (580 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use