rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
62 Posts
Points 1,120
Lindsey posted on Sun, Sep 30 2012 12:44 PM

Hi!

I've just ordered some of this for my daughter's quilt (double bed size) and wondered if anyone else here has used it?

I'm wondering if anyone washed their batting before quilting with it, or didn't and what the outcome was like when it was washed?

Also, did it beard much/if at all, after quilting?

Many thanks for any replies! 

Happy stitching, Lindsey :-)

(newbie to this lovely club!)

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,846 Posts
Points 248,979

Lindsey ,I use Quilters Dream but I like the Dream Green made with recycled soda bottles ,it quilts up well and drapes very nice ,it washes well also ..I never wash my batting before using , I have heard some will but in the clothes dryer for a few minutes to get the wrinkles out  I have not tired the Orient  style ,let us know how it works . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,025 Posts
Points 16,160

Hi Lindsey,

I have used QuiltersDreamOrient and was extremely pleased with it. t.The drape and hand of this batting is amazing.  It doesn't hold creases as much as some of the other batting type.hope this helps,Judylee

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
62 Posts
Points 1,120

Hi

Many thanks for your replies. It is good to know that there don't seem to be any major problems, as I bought it on the spur of the moment! It sounded really good and I wanted something that wouldn't be too hot or too heavy for my daughter's bed.

I just need to stitch 120 blocks together, then I can start machine quilting.

I will let you know how I get on with it. I have previously used Hobbs and found it quite heavy, which makes my neck and back condition worse. Fingers crossed!

I also need to find the connector so I can take a picture and download it! Lol!!

This has cheered me up during my lunch hour, thanks girls! ;-D

Lindsey, Norfolk, UK

Happy stitching!

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,846 Posts
Points 248,979

Lindsey ,YOur Welcome .have a great day at work .I love being retired .. LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use