Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 12:38 PM

Hi Francis! Thanks for introducing yourself to me!

Where are you from? I'm from Norwich, Norfolk!

love from Lindsey :-)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 5:07 PM

Lindsey you sound like a quiltaholics ,just like us .. welcome to the club ..LOL  I have so many quilts going and I think I'll never get them finished ,I have to  quit volunteering for so many things.I want to do everything I see. I know you'll get your quilts done .it just takes us time .. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

May I add my warm welcome to Teresa and Lindsey?  i hope you enjoy "talking" to all of us. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,392
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:29 AM

Welcome Teresa and Lindsey.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:05 AM

Thanks Barbara!

Well, if I don't do any studying for a few months, which it looks like I'll be taking a break due to having to try and find a new job for hubby, then I can stitch to my heart's delight!

I've achieved a lot during my working life but I had 7 years out due to illness and it's so wonderful to be able to join the real world! My condition is now much more manageable, as long as I have acupuncture and osteopathy every 6 weeks, but it's worth it!

So I have to be careful with sitting down and sewing, rotary cutting etc. In fact I overcooked myself a few nights ago and spent 3 days in pain because of it, so don't expect to see all my 8-12 quilts on here over the next 6 months, lol!

Ok, lunch hour up, better go, happy stitiching!

Love from Lindsey, Norfolk UK

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:22 AM

Lindsey I can so relate to your pain.I have osteoarthritis,in my knees and neuropathy in my feet from Chemo.I'm a Breast Cancer survivor now 5 years this year,My knees and feet are so bad I had to stop working as I was a nurse and not able to do my job any longer.  sometimes the pain is awful .but meds help.  Keep your chin up yo will get them finished it just takes time..I will look forward seeing them as you finish them.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:52 AM

Lindsey:
My condition is now much more manageable, as long as I have acupuncture and osteopathy every 6 weeks, but it's worth it!

Lindsey, my son Chris just graduated from acupuncture school, any words of encouragement for him?  He has his license  for Deep Body Massage, which he's been doing for the past four years, he wanted to add acupuncture to it so he'd be well rounded in that area as well.  Is acupuncture used widely where you live?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Lindsey.

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100

Welcome to the group Lindsey.

Margaret

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:41 PM

Lindsey:

Hi Francis! Thanks for introducing yourself to me!

Where are you from? I'm from Norwich, Norfolk!

Lindsey,

Im from High Wycombe Buckinghamshire, but in the summer i go on holiday to Thetford.

lots of love

Francesxx

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 3:23 AM

Hi Marie!

My acupuncturist is always booked up, full time. several weeks in advance! Same with the osteo chap,

People here are turning to alternative methods to help as some modern medicine's don't work. I've had osteo and acu since 2003 and would say its kept me out of a wheelchair and worth it!

It really does help and people like me are so grateful for help where the local doctor's and medication don't.

I would recommend your son advertises his services with the local area group and website. My acu/osteo was actually recommended to me through my doctor himself, so that is another area he could make himself known to. Lastly, out of hours would also really help boost the number of patients, as I work full time, need these sessions but fit them in at 8am or 6pm.

He is doing a worthwhile career and should in time gain deep satisfaction at being able to help people heal. Best of luck to him.

Kind regards, Lindsey

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 3:26 AM

Hi Francis!

Yep, we go to Thetford Forest sometimes, such a lovely place. We also use the spa at Elveden Forest, well worth it and a necessary luxury!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 7:38 AM

How did MY introduction thread get hijacked? I thought PRIVATE EMAILS were for conversations.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,542
Points 177,608
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:38 AM

Lindsey:
He is doing a worthwhile career and should in time gain deep satisfaction at being able to help people heal. Best of luck to him.

Lindsey, I thank you and my son thanks you for your encouraging words.  He is now studying to take his boards for his license.  He does his deep body massage usually late day until 8 pm when work has ended so I'm sure he'll do that also for his acupuncture clients.  

Stay well, my friend.

Marie

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:39 AM

Hi Marie!

I would love to have deep tissue massage but with my inflammed soft tissues, it would absolutely kill! Even light scratches hurt me for several minutes!

Deep tissue massage is something that more people will need, especially for sports injuries, as not many people are trained in that area (espcially where I am, in the UK) and goes hand in hand with acupuncture.

I wish your son all the very best. Kind regards and happy stitching! Lindsey :-)

• | Post Points: 35
Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use