Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa Posted: Sun, Sep 30 2012 8:57 AM

I actually joined in January but have recently become active on the QB. It's going to take a little time to get to know the board but am learning. I actually started a gallery and joined a group! Hope to become friends with a lot of you! I already have a friend from another board. Let me tell you a little about myself. I am married to my 2nd hubby for 16 yrs now, I have 2 grown daughters. I am/was a nurse by profession but I also have a degree in electronics and my cosmetology license. I most recently completed radiation therapy (about a week ago) because of breast cancer. Fortunately, it was caught early. It was because of a friend of mine who emailed me to tell me she had breast cancer that I went for my mammogram. I hadn't gone for the past 2 yrs and it was because of her that I went this time, otherwise, I wouldn't have gone this yr. My rationale was "if I didn't feel a lump, I didn't need to go." Never again will I miss another mammo! Get those mammograms ladies! I'm very happy to be here, in life and in this group.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:02 AM

Welcome Teresa, glad you decided to join in the fun

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:04 AM

Hi Teresa! 

I've just joined today! I love quilting, patchwork and applique and have just got back into it! I have done a 2 year diploma so like to think I know a little about a lot of things but need more help from experienced quilters! I wish I lived in America but come from United Kingdom (England).

Hope to meet more quilters soon! Lindsey :-)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:16 AM

Hi Lindsey, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome to you both Teresa and Lindsey. You will love it here. Everyone is so helpful and nice. I have learned a lot since I joined.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:54 AM

Well welcome to you too Lindsey!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:56 AM

Teresa and Lindsey ,welcome to both of you ,gald you are with us ,You will ove it here ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,499
Points 417,339
gini replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:11 AM

hi teresa and lindsey, and welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:40 AM

Welcome Teresa,

You will love it on here, everyones great friendly and wonderful about giving advice when you need it.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:42 AM

Hi Lindsey,

Welcome, im from England too. You will love it on here everyones very friendly and they all have a great sense of humour.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,605
Points 178,428
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:50 AM

Welcome Teresa and Lindsey, glad you could join us.  Tell us a little bit about your quilting history and we love pictures of your projects.  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 775
Louise replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:55 AM
I am so glad to have one of my favorite friends from another board here too! Trying to recruit another friend or two from our EMAIL RAK group, time will tell if they join us here or not. Hugs Teresa, we ARE going to have fun here, of course with the two of us here are we really SURE they can handle our crazy wit? (of course I am really joking). HUGS my friend!!!
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 780
Teresa replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 12:02 PM

Hey GF, who else are you trying to recruit?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 775
Louise replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 12:10 PM
quiltymom for one (but if anyone else asks where I am at now I will tell them here).
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 12:35 PM

Oops, didn't relise I introduced myself on the wrong forum! Lol! It'll take a while I think to learn my way round here!

It's nice to see another quilting person from England! I get frustrated when I see some lovely fabrics from US and in particular Paula Nadelstern, whose fabrics I love!!! I think I've just about got enough fabrics to try making one of her (easyish!) quilts. 

Right now, I'm making a double bed size quilt for my daughter in Cath Kidston fabrics. I guess no-one is going to know what I'm talking about, so I will have to learn how to take pictures on my family's mobiles and download them to here!

Cath Kidston is quintessentially english, very pretty. This quilt is supposed to be a christmas present, so I'm working on it when I get home from work and again after dinner, and at the weekend, when I can fit it in. 

I was working it out in my head the other day that I've got 8 quilts on the go and 4 that need quilting! I was shocked! Time to get some quilts finished I think, lol!

Perhaps you lovely people will give me some encouragement!

Ok, need to go but hopefully speak soon, happy stitching, Lindsey :-)

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use