Virginia Quilt Shops

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
5 Posts
Points 190
Bethdavis1116 posted on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:38 PM

I'll be driving from Va Beach to WV on I64W in a few days. Any suggestions for a shop or two along the route?

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:43 PM

Beth 

There is several shops in the Richmond area but I can't remember exactly where.  There is a really nice shop in Charlottesville...Cottonwood.  The owner is really sweet.  There is also a shop in downtown Covington ...before you get to the WV line.  I don't remember the name but it is on the main street thru downtown.

Do you live in Va Beach?   Beautiful area.  I am is the mountains of Virginia right outside Roanoke.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
1 Posts
Points 35

Quilting Adventures and Jo Jo's Quilt Shop in Richmond are great.  After you take I-64 West to Charlottesville, if you are driving north on 29, be sure to stop at That Little Quilt Shop in Madison, Virginia.  It is charming.  If you take I-64 all the way over to I-81 and then north, be sure to see the Virginia Quilt Museum in Harrisonburg.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,405 Posts
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:07 PM

becky and beth, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
5 Posts
Points 190

Thank you Nana!  Stopped at Cottonwood and I have to say it is now my fav!  It will become a regular stop on all my trips that way!  Thanks again!

Not Ranked
Female
5 Posts
Points 190

Thank you Becky. Only had time to visit Cottonwood. What a shop!  I'll be going back there for sure!  Thanks again!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,720 Posts
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 1:06 AM

Beth

I am so happy that you enjoyed Cottonwood.  I really love that little shop and Mary is so sweet.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Beth and welcome to QCA.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use