rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 8 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl Posted: Fri, Sep 28 2012 5:52 PM

Hi all,

Hope all of you are planning a fun weekend.  Sounds like your all very busy.  My question to all is...do you get these e-mails as they occur or do you go in the site and read them?    50-100 e-mails are too many for me to handle. 

My weekend plans have come about very quickly.  We will be driving to Nashville so I can visit with my sister before her next treatments.  We plan on 2 nights out so we will be doing short days of driving.  Then site see and visit and return to TX at the end of the week. 

I'll be back on line when I can.

Caryl in Buda, TX

PS: What town/city is the Iowa retreat/class in?

• | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
If you're referring to my e-mails in my "in box", I scan them all and whatever I don't want to read or wasn't expecting, I delete them before opening them. It saves time and irritation, not to mention my eyesight! Also, any e-mails you recieve that are suspicious or you weren't expecting, don't open them! They could be trojan horses meant to conceal viruses malware or spyware. All of them are harmful to your computer or PC. Especially a virus! That happened to us and our PC was finished, kaput and unuseable! We learned a very valuable lesson. Also, most computers have a built-in warning system where there'll be some sort of notation next to the sender of the mail, indicating you shouldn't open it and should delete it. Always listen to your computer if it tells you not to go there, unless it's a site you've been going to for years. Otherwise no matter how curious you might be, don't open it or download it, or go to that site. A little more info than you asked for huh? Sorry! But I do hope it helps you or anyone else. Big hugs!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 96
Points 2,025
Barb S replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 12:09 AM

I go to the QCA website to read the postings.  I used  to get them in my email -- and, as you said, it was just  too much -- I love coming here and reading everyone's post -- and i am always looking for techniques and tips -- also love "Show and Tell"  but II do wish we had a "like" button -- so we could indicate that we have seen and "liked" or agreed with the writer without having to write a reply.

BarbS

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 5:51 AM

You can stop getting those e-mails by clicking at the right top of the string of statements.  I used to get all those e-mails too but I'd rather go to the message board.  This way it doesn't clog up my e-mail stuff.   Hope this helps.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:50 AM

You can also stop them by going to your home page  and click edit your profile , go thur the list of things and click the one aoubt recieving email .this will stop all of them except friends request .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,246
Points 239,852
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:35 AM

I did it the way Barbara said a long time ago - my email box overflowed so many times I couldn't get my other emails.  So I have stopped them and the only thing I get there is if someone wants to join one of my groups or a friend request.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:49 AM

Caryl:
My question to all is...do you get these e-mails as they occur or do you go in the site and read them?    50-100 e-mails are too many for me to handle. 

Caryl, I set up a second e-mail account just for my QCA e-mails. That way my regular e-mail don't get buried under the QCA ones. If I'm too busy to read them all I can pick and choose which ones to read and then delete the rest.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:24 PM

It saves time for me to read the messages from my email inbox, especially when the site is misbehaving. I only come to the site to respond to others' posts or to manage my blog.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:53 PM

That's what I do too ,Kris, but I found a problem with that last week.  In fact, it as with a message you had sent regarding the mug rugs.  The whole message diddn't come thru on email but when I went in to add something on and it pulled up your message, the part I thought of adding was the rest of your message.  That is the first time I had noticed a difference.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 4:31 PM

Ginny,

that's because I edited the message after I posted it. Edited messages and messages that received and error do not show up in the email. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:55 PM

Oh, I didn't realize that you can edit a message like that.  I'm not that computer savvy.  LOL  Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

I've done what Barbara and Thea have done.  I get way too many e-mails as it is now.  I would hate to see my poor inbox if I had the QCA posts coming there too!!! I get any PM's in my regular e-mail too.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use