my world is upside down!

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 40,930
ls2116 Posted: Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:05 AM

ok I've stopped painting.  fil is taking turn for the worse, bil has colitis , sil just diagnosed with glaucoma and her husband has a deteriorating inner ear he won't be working much longer!  But to make this all worse just found out my 32 yr old nephew found out he has an in operable tumor that will kill him he said within two years!!!  Life just seems really crappy now.  I just want to sit and cry, but there is raking of leaves to be done quilts to finish new ones to start.   How am i going to not get emotional about all this?  I know the holidays are suppose to be a joyous time, infact i'm having a dinner x-mas eve but life is a little heavy right now.  I'm praying constantly for my nephew.  I keep thinking this is all anightmare or i heard wrong .  Iwould much rather that.  It was a navy hospital that found his condition.  Can it be a false diagnosis.  

On a lighter note I might join a bom with stitchin heaven .

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:15 AM

Sending thoughts and prayers your way, especially for your nephew, but for all family members.  Please take care of yourself through all of this.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:17 AM

So sorry for all you are gong through.  The best thing you can do is take care of yourself .

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:02 AM

Is2116,

It sounds alot like the world has decided to crash in on your life.   I cannot imagine dealing with all the illnesses you mention and then learning that someone you love has a disease that will possibly end their life.   The only words of comfort I can offer is come from faith.   I've been in those the dark places that your mind is wondering to and they can be scary and lonely, which makes them darker and colder than one can imagine.   What pull me out and put me through was faith, not mine but those who I chose to surround myself with.  Find a support system, find the elements than create peace in your world and cling to them.   For me it was a routine of praise music, devotionals and church regularly. For you it may be something totally different.

I pray for your peace, healing for your nephew and support for your entire family.  In the mean time work hard to celebrate something each day if it is as simple as getting out of bed.  This is where my quilting became my therapy.   I worked to do one thing at a time, trying to make sure that no matter how bad my day was I could say I accomplish this today and I would list them in a journal,  I finish block number 63 of Farmer's Wife or I .... I'm sure you get the picture.  Now, I don't write them down anymore but I still do it in my head.

Wishing you the best.  

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:11 AM

ls2116:

Life just seems really crappy now. I'm praying constantly for my nephew. 

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about these issues in your family.  Please know that you have friends supporting you here.  I'll add your nephew to my prayers.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:19 AM

Robin had some very good advice. Always keep positive people around you. At this time in your life you don't need negative people. Journaling is a very good outlet. Personally, I have created a blessings collage. In spite of all the abuse and the trauma I've been thru due to my car accident and the multiple injuries I'm left with, I still have many, many blessings in my life. It may be something small or something of the past, but they are blessings and they make me smile. I've even found some new blessings out of the sorrow. What I'm trying to tell you is to take every moment that you have left with your family members and take joy out of it. Love every moment you have with them. Make memories.

Dear Heavenly Father, please wrap your comforting arms aroung this young lady who is going thru so much with family members being so seriously ill, bring her the strength she needs to make the memories at such a difficult time. And Lord, be with those family members. Only You know Your will. Be with the medical staff who are caring for them and help them to be kind and tender in treating these patients and to give them the best care available. Everyone of these are placed into your loving care and Your will be done. Amen

Hugs. Your world will be right again in God's time.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:24 AM

Is2116,  I am sorry to hear of all the problems cropping up in your family right now.  Yes, I agree things reallyseems crappy for you now. Just be there for all, especially your nephew.  Keep him in your prayers and I will pray for all of your family to overcome their troubles also.  Prayer is the greatest !  We can share our troubles with the Lord at all times and He listens.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:37 AM

Sorry your world is upside down.  It is ok to cry, you are human after all.  But don't stay down.  I agree w/the others, surround yourself w/positive people, get up and do ONE thing.  Lean on God, He wants you to, He is your Father. 

Know that I am praying for you and your loved ones.  (((((hugs))))))

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:53 AM

So sorry for all your troubles.  Thoughts and prayers coming your way.  God Bless.  (((((HuGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,851
Points 85,830
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:02 AM

While this is heart breaking, rejoice in God. If your Nephew succumbs to his illness, now or in two years, that is up to God. Your aunt with Glaucoma, might lost her sight, but, I don't think Glaucoma is fatal so rejoice in that. As Ginny and Linda said lay your head in the God's shoulder.  Chan my girlfriend gets so terribly down (her daughter had a failed suicide attempt awhile ago) she said she pictures God in a big rocking chair with a beautiful quilt on His lap and she curls up in His lap and covers them both with the quilt. Works for her Take long walks and notice that the beauty around you is all God's work. He is everywhere and with you and your family in this heard time.

I will add you to my prayer list and we will pray for you in Bible Study.

Quilting is my refuge. It makes me feel so good about myself. Go there. Quilt, quilt, quilt. It not only takes your maid from the bad but helps you focus on the good.

Prayers and hugs your way.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,851
Points 85,830
Sukochi replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:07 AM

I am so sorry that I said your aunt when it should have been you SIL.

You know when we are born, our time to go Home comes with us. God only puts each of us on this earth for a certain amount of time.  That is in HIS time, not ours. He does not pre-determine how we will succumb but that we will on a certain day.

Love to you now and always.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,489
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:50 AM

Is, I would tell you nephew to get a second opinion, on the tumor. VA docs are great but overworked and it could be a wrong DX.   Just to be sure I would get it .  Sorry to hear of all the health issues in your famiily and will keep you in my T&P .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

OH, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's health. I have a wonderful nephew so I cannot imagine how you must be feeling about his diagnosis. I agree with Barbara about a second opinion. I also agree with Robin. You need to really be encouraged by any little thing you get done and accomplished during the day. Sometimes just getting out of bed and dressed may be the only accomplishment but some days it is an accomplishment. My prayers and hugs are with you.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,686
Points 248,737
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:13 AM

Is2116, I am so sorry that the world is crashing in on you right now!  It is always very hard when all these things are going on to make sense of our lives.  I would just take it one day at a time and deal with what you can deal with and put the rest away till the day you can deal with that.  Try and stay calm - for me I do a lot of talking with the Lord... he is my rock and salvation and I feel peace putting my life in his hands.  I know that sounds simplistic but for me it is my way of living.  

If I was your nephew, I would be going to as many doctors as I can to get confirmation of the diagnosis.  There are cancer centers of America and many many places that can help.  Look at the young man who had a brain tumor who was the cyclist....Lance Armstrong ... they told him he wouldn't ride anymore and was going to die and he is doing very well today...he had gesticular cancer that had mestastisized to his brain... so there is always help out there... 

We just have to have faith...and sometimes it is just our time to leave this world...our job is done.  

I will send up many prayers for all of your family and for you also to understand and find a way to deal with all that is happening.  Take good care of yourself and start up your painting - finish those quilts - start new ones - most of all LIVE...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:14 AM

Is

So sorry to hear of all the problems in your family.  You will be in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use