Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,739
gini Posted: Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:06 AM

here's a discussion i found on the web.   i can't remember who asked about quilting with clear thread, but this has a lot of info.

http://www.generations-quilt-patterns.com/clear-thread.html

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Sep 22 2012 12:34 PM

Great site Gini, thanks for the link!  (I've just spent and hour reading on  there...LOL!)

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 60
Melanie replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 1:09 PM

Thank you so much!  That is exactly what I needed!  Now to get off the computer and get sewing!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 243,887
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 1:19 PM

If you are going to use invisible thread - I recommend you use Superior brand - it is polyester - most of the others make nylon invisible thread and if you use your iron on it it turns yellow and after a few years becomes very brittle.  The Superior Brand is the only one I will use because it is polyester - I think Sulky also makes a polyester invisible thread - these don't break as often and don't do what I mentioned prior.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 1:22 PM

Melanie:

Thank you so much!  That is exactly what I needed!  Now to get off the computer and get sewing!

I just thought of one addition thing I have learned recently with using invisible thread! 

Turn off your auto thread cutter, if you have one!!!  I found that the thread cutter "knives" do not like the monofiliment thread and little pieces get wedged into it...at least on my machine they did.  I then ended up with little tiny ultra-thin pieces of mono in my bobbin area...not good, cause you cannot see the tiny stuff to remove it unless you get the light just right.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 8:53 AM

Donna B:

Melanie:

I just thought of one addition thing I have learned recently with using invisible thread! 

Turn off your auto thread cutter, if you have one!!!  I found that the thread cutter "knives" do not like the monofiliment thread and little pieces get wedged into it...at least on my machine they did.  I then ended up with little tiny ultra-thin pieces of mono in my bobbin area...not good, cause you cannot see the tiny stuff to remove it unless you get the light just right.

Donna thanks that is good info to know ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use