fuseable web

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
2 Posts
Points 55
kimberly posted on Fri, Sep 21 2012 3:51 AM

hello a few questions can i use fuseable interfacing as fuseable web? do i have to turn 1/4" under or can i sew (applique) without doing  so ( fabric doesnot fray)  thank you have a nice day kimberly

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,395 Posts
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:11 AM

I think fusible interfacing only sticks on one side.  And doesn't always stay stuck, which is why it is sewn into the seam.  Fusible web sticks on both sides, to the two pieces of fabric are stuck together. And it doesn't come apart easily. 

I guess it depends what you want to do with it.  If you want to applique, use fusible web, but if you just want to stablelize a single fabric for doing machine embroidery or other top stitching then interfacing  is probably fine.  Unless of course you want to remove the stableizer afterwards.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,717 Posts
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:09 AM

Kimberly

If you are doing applique fusible interfacing won't work.   You will need to get fusible web which has "sticky" on both sides.  If you are using fusible with your applique you don't need to turn the 1/4" inch under.  You just do your favorite machine stitch...blanket, satin, or straight (for raw edge applique) stitches around your appliqued pieces.   I hope this helps.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use