Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 34 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:18 PM

Hi. Just finished the top of first quilt and will have the other done by mid week. I'm not planning elaborate quilting so I should be ready to ship by Friday. I'm in San Diego. 

I so so enjoyed making the first one. I designed them both on EQ 7. Very basic but a blast to play with the program. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,218
Points 16,395
Susan replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 8:33 PM

Debbi, Is flannel o.k.? And is it O.K. to tie instead of quilted.???  I have lots of flannel and can make them fairly quickly. Susan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Annie, thank you very much for working on them so quickly! If you get the chance could you PM me the pattern, please? If it's so easy, sounds like my kind of pattern! Susan, flannel is fine, tying is fine. The only requirements are: that they be for men, for single/twin size matresses and they be warm. That's it! These guys will be so happy to get these quilts and I'm doubly sure they'll be deeply touched! You're also helping them to stay clean and sober by letting them know that there are many good people out there who care enough to hand make a quilt (and hopefully a pillowcase) for each of them! Again, I can't thank you enough!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:28 AM

I went to the thrift store looking for flannel shirts to use but was shocked that they wanted $3 per shirt.  As I was leaving, I spotted a bundle of fabric taped together and it was all this new flannel fabric, in men's darker colors all for $1.75  There must have been 8 yds of fabric in total.  Was a great find!  Talk about Karma and being at the right place at the right time!

I will post the pattern - for both 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Awesome! Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,580
Points 51,710
Ginny replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 7:34 AM

What a great find, Annie .  I suggest that you wash the fabric first since flannel tends to shrink at first washing.  This is from experience when I made a bunch of pillow cases for gifts without washing first, and the body and the bands shrank at different rates on some.  Didn't look so hot after washing.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:32 AM

Did you get the quilt yet?  They told me Thursday.  I hope it got to you in good condition.

how's your kitten? I saw your post.  My niece saved a kitten that had been abandoned.  He suffered fron seizures and kidney problems.  He lived a very happy life for four years.  Sadly enough, Bobo passad away peacefully this past June.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Angele-Unfortunately, no! I'm hoping I'll get it today or Monday. Do you have a tracking number for me? That way I can find out where it is, until it gets here. If I do get it this weekend, I'll let you know immediately, okay? No worries Angele, if you're not in the U.S it usually takes a bit longer, but a tracking number would help. Ginn, hi! I don't suppose you'd be willing to help out, would ya'? I could use all the help I can get, please??? Annie- I'm so glad you were able to find such a good deal on the flannel. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Thanks again, everyone!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
If you're referring to Squirt, he's doing great! Just trying to raise enough $$$ to get him his ultrasound.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:13 PM

I mailed it in the States on Monday.  I was told 2-3 days.  I checked the tracking no today and it said it had left the sorting in Chicago to be delivered.  I just hope it gets to you all in one piece.  I will try to support your halfway house blanket project in any way I can.  But now I need to complete the projects I already promised.  I am proud of what you do for others who are down at this point in their lives. So if you don't get it today, I'll PM you with the tracking number.  Have a great weekend.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 6:47 AM

Debbi, apparently, the parcel was misrouted. I'm now hoping you get it Monday.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 721
Points 18,125

Debbi - I offered to do some squares for a quilt, but went ahead and did a whole quilt top.  It's nothing fancy, but is in "manly" blue tone colours.  I can't quilt something this large but will send it to you to be quilted.  Or if you want me to send it somewhere else to be quilted, please let me know.  If I can squeeze it in the flat rate envelope, I'll also send a sheet for the backing.   Peace,  BC

Brigit-Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:48 PM

Debbi,

I completed one flannel quilt and I can't do another one for a while.  It reached 103 degrees here and I have no air conditioning.  Needless to say, I was sweltering under the flannel fabric.  We are having unusually warm weather.  We hardly ever complain about not having air conditioning but this summer has been very muggy and warm.  So, I hope to complete another one as soon as weather permits.

I hated rushing through the binding but I was literally sweating on the quilt as I was running it under my machine.

Can you PM me your address and I will get it out to you tomorrow...

Sorry, Annie

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Thanks Angele! Did not recieve yesterday, but hopefully today's the day. Will let you know when I have it. Thanx again!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
I'm not great at doing backing, but practice makes perfect right? Also, if you send it to me to quilt, I'll be tying it. If that's ok, go ahead and send everything, as is, to me. Did you find the time to make a matching pillowcase? If not, that's fine. If you can then send me matching fabric, I'll do it. They're very easy to do. It only takes me a couple hours to do one. If there's not enough fabric, don't worry about it, then. Thanks Belfrybat, I REALLY appreciate your help!!!

Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use