can't view videos on my ipad

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70
lschief Posted: Sat, Sep 15 2012 9:51 PM

any way to see the videos on my ipad?  I'm extremely disappointed. also, why do we need log in to yet another web site to see videos?  i have switched all my magazine subscriptions to my ipad and resubscribed to this site to add to my quilting passion and can't get videos to work. help!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 12:21 AM

lschief,   the videos are on a sister site,  they are not the same website.  we get access to them free, by joining QCA, but we still need to log in there.   i haven't tried to watrch the videos on my ipad.  i'll check it out. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sun, Sep 16 2012 12:27 AM

i have an ipad two and the free  videos come up just fine on mine.  i'm only getting previews on the others.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:13 AM

I watch videos on my iPad with no trouble.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 130

I cannot see the videos on my ipad (2) either.....

I tried to see them on my Kindle Fire HD bought in December 2011 ( 9 months ago)... and cannot watch them there either

I tried to access the "help" tab on the Qnntv site, that Qnntv says to access... and guess what?  There is no "help" buton on the top right hand side of the site..... there is no "help" button anywhere on the site.....

Am I a litte torked off or what? 

Does anyone from the technical site actually answer this thread.... or is this another dead end?

pam stayner

Sloughhouse Ca

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:02 PM

pam, this is not a thread that they would monitor.  up in the top right there is a spot to click, report issues.  your ipad may not be set up to view the videos.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:24 PM

Gini,

this is the "Report Issues" thread.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 1:19 AM

well duh, how dumb am i?   now please don't eveyone rush to answer this.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,850
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 7:43 AM

I also have some trouble viewing videos on my iPad. Some I cn see, others, I get a blank screen.  And yes this is very frustrating.  The reason I looked into getting an iPad was so I could take it with me in my sewing room without having more cords to trip on.

if there is an app I need or if there is something else I need to do, I would like to know.  We bought ours in march of this year, so it's the newer one.  Maybe it has something to do with which version you have? I don't know.

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 70
lschief replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 11:32 AM

I found an app that will let you view flash and movie files on an ipad. it's called: iSwifter. It's actually a brower for gamers but works great for viewing videos and flash files. 

I think I paid $4.99 for it but it was worth it because it works. I've paid for several other apps that claim to let you view mov. files and flash files and didn't. 

Just ignore the gaming screen when it pops up when you start the app - and go right to the browser and put in the website you want to view.

Good luck! I know this made me a happy quilter.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

It is not own by quilters club,  it is sourced from other third party so you need to redirect to its location when viewed.

Tech designer for www.kekacase.com

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30

I wonder if the problem is Adobe Flash Player which a lot of sites use for videos, etc. Apple (at least in my experience) does not support Flash. Now, my Mac laptop seems to support Flash (maybe because my brother in law has it set to run window programs), but the iPad, iPhone, etc do not support Flash and neither does Kindle.

I agree it is frustrating, but I am sure the QCA is doing everything it can to make our experience easy and enjoyable.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30

This is great news!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 45

The reason was the video is hosted from another site, and perhaps that new browsers does not allow you to open new window.

Tech designer for www.kekacase.com

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use