Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances Posted: Sat, Sep 15 2012 9:26 AM

Okay, Do you have a favourite quilt, one that you think oh i wish i could make one like that, but maybe you think you never could, one youve seen in a book, magazine or at a show?

Well heres mine its from a book called Mennonite Quilts and Pieces i have always loved it i dont think i could ever make one its a Broken Star.

Lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 10:11 AM

Frances, Isn't that just breathtaking? That would be a stretch a huge stretch for me. It would border on the impossible. I would not even try. However, that said, we need to stretch our capabilities as we go in this craft. Though, I will be the first to say, I have run and hidden in the closet more times then not, rather then take on a block that scared me to death. But, oh, that is so beautiful It should be hanging in a museum somewhere.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 10:14 AM

Its lovely isnt it i would nt even attempt it but i do love it, and apparently it was made from scraps collected from a lingerie factory, i have enough trouble making lovely things from metres of fabric let alone scraps. LOL.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

OH my Frances, that is gorgeous. Mine would have to be any bergello. I would love to take one on but am terrified of even trying. I have even got a couple of patterns but still have not started. Maybe someday.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 10:25 AM

Melissa Halpain:

OH my Frances, that is gorgeous. Mine would have to be any bergello. I would love to take one on but am terrified of even trying. I have even got a couple of patterns but still have not started. Maybe someday.

Melissa,

I agree i have seen some wonderful Bargello quilts, but im too chicken to try one, thats why i like EPP on the whole you dont have to be extremely presise and i can get away with fudging it slightly when i need to.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 11:24 AM

frances,  these aren't that hard.  your 1/4 inch seam has to be right on,  so work on that.  you do these in strips.   

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 11:33 AM

Frances:
Do you have a favourite quilt, one that you think oh i wish i could make one like that, but maybe you think you never could

Yep!  Some day I'd love to make an amazing Baltimore Album quilt.  I just don't know when I'd ever find the time to learn or the time to sew all this by hand.  I couldn't even find the time to do Gini's simplified BA blocks in our QCA groups.  Isn't this a beauty?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 12:44 PM

gini:

frances,  these aren't that hard.  your 1/4 inch seam has to be right on,  so work on that.  you do these in strips.   

Gini,

I think youve just hit my problem area "the 1/4 inch seam has to be right on" my seam is never right on. LOL.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 12:46 PM

Nancy,

That is a beautiful Balimore Album quilt, although seeing all the little pieces in it makes me wonder how anybody managed it.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 12:54 PM

Frances - This would be the quilt I'd love to make one day! It is made by Paula Nadelstern and I love her work. She makes incredible kaleidoscopes build from 8+ different fabrics. I have her books and love to look through them when I need inspiration!

Zsofia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 12:57 PM

Wow Zsofia,

Thats fantastic ive never seen this before, its incredible. if nothing else this thread is giving me some incredible quilts to look at.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Frances,

Broken Star is gorgeous! I'm afraid if I tried to make it, it would look more like a Black Hole in the Universe.   Gini makes it sound so easy...1/4" seam have to be spot on!  Yeah! Right!

Applique terrifies me.  Anything with applique!  Here is a pattern I keep looking at and KNOW I will NEVER EVER even purchase, much less attempt!

I'd rather make a whole quilt of nothing but HST's than try applique!

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 3:29 PM

Zsofia, I was just thinking about Paulo Nadelstern myself. I have 2 of her books as well. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 3:32 PM

Max,

There are some stunning Applique quilts give me another 150 years and i might attempt this one, and yes Gini does make it sound easy maybe her nickname should be Wonder woman of the Quilting world. LOL.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Sat, Sep 15 2012 3:50 PM

Patti:

Zsofia, I was just thinking about Paulo Nadelstern myself. I have 2 of her books as well. 

Patti - I have all her books/workbooks (as you can see I'm a book junkie LOL)her work is just awesome and she designs great fabrics too.

MaxNTopeka - I love that pattern too... Last year I saw it for BOM but didn't join. And now the site has her Flower pots pattern as a BOM (I guess I missed out on this one. Needless to say it was pretty expensive )...

Zsofia

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use