rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,251
Points 28,340
Agnes replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:50 PM

quilt295628y:

Does it have to be Press-n-Seal? Can't you use other plastic wraps?

Press-n-Seal has a sticky side unlike any other plastic wrap I have ever used or encountered. With the Press'n'Seal you can make packages with sealed edges.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 4:33 PM

I use an inexpensive ( read cheap $ 3.69) 16" x 20" poster frame with plastic instead of glass to hold my quilting designs to trace on the press and seal .  It has slide on edges that form the frame and hold the plastic 'glass' in place.  It also works well to trace onto tissue paper that I sometimes use as tear away.  You can get the plain white just after Christmas for 1/2 price.  I paid $0.75 for a pack of 110 sheets 2 years ago and still have almost half of it left.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 355
Lynn replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:24 AM

Just to add to the cost savings of "tracing paper", I don't use tissue paper as it is so fragile when tracing or drawing a paper piecing pattern.  What I use is the tissue used in doctors offices that cover their exam tables.  I purchase mine from a medical supply store. I purchase one of each size (narrow and wide) and those two rolls have lasted for over 3 yrs so far.

Another quick tip for using it as a tear away I found that using the rubber tips on my new seam ripper helps loosen the tissue with the tear away process especially in tight corners and narrow quilting lines.

Lynn

Calgary, Alberta

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:50 AM

Lynn:
Another quick tip for using it as a tear away I found that using the rubber tips on my new seam ripper helps loosen the tissue with the tear away process especially in tight corners and narrow quilting lines.

Lynn, thanks for this great suggestion!  I will be trying this for sure...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use