Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 52 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 9:14 AM

Yes, for your first year in quilting most quilts are simple. Mine were basically large squares or only block of the month to learn very simple and I started exploring more through the years with magazines, books, and software to help me out as well as classes to grow. Your repetoire will develope more as you go on later in years.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Sun, Sep 23 2012 9:18 AM

It depends are you retired or are working still? If you're retired its very plausible if it they are lapquilts to get them all done in the time frame if you put your time into them each day. I work for a living still so if I started right now I might get maybe two done lol. But my budget doesn't allow it for tihs years gifts. When I did have money enough I made my mom a lap quilt with chenille and basic four patch from the F&P magazine years ago. Right now I am trying to get two quilts done that I started last year for xmas this year lol. But with moves galore this year and other problems I will be lucky to find the fabrics after this next move in time.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:16 PM

Brandy, thanks for the link.  I have bookmarked it and hope to do it someday.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Okay my talented friends, I need your help.  Below are the fabrics that I got for my manager's quilt.  Here's the problem.....

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM!!  Can anyone suggest something fairly simple in design that I can make with them?  I have a yard of each.

Thank you!!!

Brandy

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,525
Points 177,388
Marie replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 1:16 PM

Brandy:
I have a yard of each.

Brandy, just a thought, if you could get another yard of coordinating fabric, a solid, you could make one of the "Five Yard Quilts".  I got a free copy from www.millendtextiles.com.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

They have 3 yard patterns also

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 29,740
Ramona replied on Thu, Oct 4 2012 6:14 PM

Brandy,

Love the fabrics!! I know you'll find a pattern soon.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 719
Points 18,060

I'm a beginner so usually stay with large squares -- 9" - 12".  I'm a fan of nine patch.  I'd use the large print as the center square, fussy cutting the flowers depending on size, then the first and last as the surrounding squares.  Alternate them with a solid square of the stripe.  OR do a 8" four patch alternating with the large print as solid squares.  You could get several variations of the four patch squares. 

Brigit-Carol

Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use