New to QCA!

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

So I'm just starting to explore the site (will do so more tonight after I get home from work and after I finish a tshirt quilt that I have been working on FOR EV ER), and I LOVE the swaps!  I definitely want to get in on one of those!  

In between working full time, having a very small side business of quilting tshirts and jerseys, I am also trying to make quilts for my family.  They are going to be EXTREMELY simplistic at this point because I just don't have time to do more intricate work and cover all the people I want to give quilts to for Christmas.

My son and I live in Grapevine, Tx!  I love it here!  I grew up in California, but when I got pregnant and was made to realize that I was going to do this alone, I moved to Texas when I was 6.5 months pregnant and never looked back (not that we haven't been provided every opportunity to run back, but by God's grace, we are still here!).  It has been a grand adventure, but I have the cutest 6 year old Texan anyone could ask for, along with all the manners one needs to stand out.

Anyway, I can't wait to get to know you all more!  Thanks again for the amazingly warm response!

Brandy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,971
Points 27,675
Ramona replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 9:27 AM

Brandy,

My Dad lived in Grapevine 20 years ago.   Our daughter, who was born in Fl, now lives in Forney. Southeast of Dallas. She's been there for about 12 years. She met her DH there and has 3 children.  She just loves it. It would be hard pressed to get them to move.  We just had a great  visit with them in July.  So glad you made it out of CA.

I know what youo mean by simplistic.  I've put together 5 Turning Twenty flannel quilts for the girls in the family. Wanted something quick so I could get them done between doing everything else. :-)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 9:27 AM

Brandy Love the picture of you and your little Texan,  what a good looking one he is to.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 1,995
Bonnie replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 12:11 PM

Welcome Brandy! You will certainly enjoy this place. There are a lot of great people here. Tons of knowledge too!

Bonnie B

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 5:48 PM

Welcome Brandy :)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 2,015
Welcome Brandy, you will love this place. The ladies here are not only very talented but a very nice group of ladies who are always willing to answer questions and help when you need it. I love this site. Enjoy it and again, welcome aboard. :-)
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 12:15 PM

Hello Brandy, my name is Tamra and Welcome.  I am also a new member and new to quilting as of August 2012, working on my first quilt project as we speak.  So very excited and today I won the September Contest for a Fabric Cutting Machine.  Still cant believe it.  Welcome again. Looking forward to chatting.

Have a wonderful day.

Tamra

Tamra

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,799
gini replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 12:20 PM

hi brandy, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 4:15 PM

Hi Tamra, welcome to the site and congrats on your win!  Can't wait to see your quilt project.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,799
gini replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 9:23 PM

tamra, congratulations on your win

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use