rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) Posted: Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:02 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone!

My name is Brandy and I just located this website, and I had to instantly join!  I'm semi-new to quilting (picked it up January 1st, 2012 and have fallen head over heels in love with it ever since!).  I am a fabric-a-holic.  I love the textures and colors and patterns and...sigh.  Fabric stores can easily zap hours of my time in one fell swoop.  Every fabric I touch, my brain automatically starts thinking of who it could be for, what pattern/design I could make with it, and what would coordinate.  That happens in approximately 0.05 seconds.  :)

So about me:  I am a God-loving 32 year old single mom to an amazing 6 year old little man.  I grew up watching my grandma quilt.  I have one of her very lovely and amazing quilts that she hand pieced (1" squares) over the course of 2 years.  It is something I aspire to do one day.  I have made a few quilts with big blocks.  I have also fallen into making hockey jersey and tshirt quilts.  That is actually proving to be a good source of extra income, though I do it more for knowing how deeply it will impact the recipient rather than financial gain.  

So this is me in a nut shell.  I am still in the trial and error stage on a lot of things, but will be scouring the forums for answers!

Have a blessed day everyone!

Brandy 

Modern Mosaic Mom

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:14 PM

Welcome to QCA Movern Mosaic Mom. I am sure you will find the women here extremely friendly and helpful. I know I do. :-)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:30 PM

Hi brandy, welcome to the group.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,548
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 3:55 PM

Welcome Brandy, glad you found us.  This site has the best ever people you'd ever want to meet.  Knowledgeable, fun loving and compassionate.  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:01 PM

Welcome, Brandy, glad to have you. Drop in to chat as often as you can.  And, there are great tips and tricks on here, too.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,194
Points 15,975
Susan replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:10 PM

Welcome, Brandy ! Glad you found this site. You will find many knowledgeable quilters more than happy to answer any and all of your questions . Where are you from ? Maybe someone is close to you and you can chat or meet up together. I admire you for raising a 6 year old on your own, its a big job but so rewarding. Children are priceless! Hope you enjoy your  time here at QCA.   Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Hi Brandy, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,008
Points 28,310
Ramona replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:07 PM

Brandy,

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the site. Check out the project section to see what others are doing and be sure to post some of your own. We all love to see what's going on out there.  There are alot of talented and knowledgeable quilters on the site who love to help so don't be afraid to ask questions.  I've been quilting since the Fall of 1999 and still consider myself a newbie. So much to learn. 

Again....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:58 PM

Brandy

Welcome to QCA.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and drop in to chat frequently.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Hi Brandy,

I'm so glad you found QCA. Everyone here is so so generous with their information and help. I know how difficult it is to raise children by yourself. I raised 3 by myself and I must have done something right because all of them are very independent and self assured. My youngest is teaching and getting his masters in Thailand. I am in love with quilting. I sew at least a little bit everyday. As you get more into quilting, I'm sure you will never be able to pass a quilting store without stopping. I know I can't. I hope to see one of your quilts posted soon. And please visit often. Even if I don't post often, I read all the posts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 680
Tina replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:11 PM

Welcome Brandy!  I'm more of a lurker still, but I love it here!  :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,704
Points 364,332
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:42 PM

Welcome Brandy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:46 PM

Happy you joined us, Brandy!  I hope you'll find time to come chat with us often!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Oh my gracious! You are all so sweet and amazing! Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I know I will definitely be coming here and picking everyone's minds in very short order! I will write more after I have gotten some real sleep. Good night all!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 3:11 AM

Brandy, welcome to the club, we are always happy to have new members join us in our chats, Check out our groups section ,we have many and they are free to join. WE have many different groups and I'm sure you will find one you like . I've have only been quilting for about three years and joining in with several of the groups has broaden my knowledge  in quilting like nothing else. You weill love this club, It is fantastic. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use