8 year old Pitbull needs home/ UPDATE- He is safe for now

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
I've recently been made aware of an 8yr. old pitbull, who is blind, in Atlanta, and is slated for euthanasia this Friday at 8:30am. You can see his picture by going to my facebook page under "Debbi Mueller". He is so sweet and scared! Apparently he was abused and now that he's blind they don't want him, so they took him to the pound in Atlanta. He'll be killed this Friday because he is blind, nobody wants to take care of him. He needs eye drops in his eyes every day. I'm hoping someone out there in Atlanta or near that city, could bring this sweet, loving, defenseless animal home with them to love him and take care of him. I know there's a lot of good, kind people out there that are on this site, so PLEASE help! If you could see his face, you'd see how sweet he is! He deserves to be loved for the rest of his life by a loving forever Mommy and Daddy, don't you agree? Please contact me if you're interested or contact the contact person (her name is Lelly). She'll be happy to help you get the ball rolling to adopt him! (He doesn't even have a name!!!) PLEASE help!!!! I've just been told that they were able to buy him some more time. They've gotten him out of the place that was going to euthanise him! Woo-hoo! Now we need either $$$ to pay for meds, carrier and transportation or some one or way to transport him to his temp foster home in Ohio. He still needs a permanent foster home and a lifelong Mommy and Daddy. So we're not completely out of the woods yet! Thanks for all of the great suggestions so far!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

I wish I were near Atlanta. Poor guy...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 3:43 PM

Atlanta is under 70 miles but I haven't room for one more. So sorry.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 4:05 PM

whats the name of the shelter ? there is lots of no kill shelters out there , they just need to be aware of the dogs plight..

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 4:18 PM

I sent the link to a no kill shelter by me.. not sure what else I can do... I hope they will help...

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Thanks Kelley! Let me be clear on this. Did you go to my facebook page and send the link to the contact person there? In any case, thanks for your efforts.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Thanks to all who responded! Even if you can't dog, if you know of anyone. They actually have a temp foster but no way of getting the dog to Cincinnatti. So if you know of anyone that might be willing to get him to Cincy, that'd be great! At least we get the poor guy out of there and we'll get him adopted later. At least we've saved his life! Please everyone, put your thinking caps on and get creative, please!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:25 PM

I did go to your page and sent the link to no kill shelter... they usually have links with shelters all over the US.. I hope they can help...

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
That's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sureb I understood you correctly. Thank you very, very much Kelley! I e-mailed the contact person and she is going to try to do that. That was a really good idea so thanks again!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:46 AM

I'm praying for this precious "pit", that he finds a forever home to love and cherish him.  I already rescued a pit bull, he is a joyful addition to my home.  With 3 dogs now from 15 to 110 lbs I'm at the max.  I tried to see the pic on facebook... no luck.  Why not post it here so all can see this precious dog?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
I'm not sure how to do it, to be honest. If someone can tell me how, I could try that. Thanks Joni!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 6:25 PM

chicagosinger:
That was a really good idea so thanks again!

Your welcome.. I am a sucker for dogs...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:21 AM

Buster...my precious pit bull, someone dumped him on my property last year.  He sat on the fence looking into my front room all day.  In spite of promising not to feed him or take him in I did give him a big bowl of water.  By 3 pm he had been there all day, never moved, so Guess who gave in!  He now weight in at almost 60 lbs, is just over a year and imbedded into my heart and home forever!

Buster at 2 months...weighing in approx9-10 lbs.

Buster this week just over a year and weighting almost 60 lbs.

So much joy, I'm so thankful I did not chase him off, I believe he was placed here on the farm because this is where GOD destined Buster to be.  He has completely captured my heart, he keeps himself spotlessly clean and practically turns himself inside out when I ask him to go on my daily walks.  I thank the Lord daily for all my precious charges, 3 dogs and 4 horses, they are always blessing with more love than I ever dreamed of receiving.

Please someone add a iot love and devotion to your life...rescue that "PIT".

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Joni, thanks for sharing your picture and story about Buster. It's a relief to know that there are good people out there! I just went to Lelly's Facebook page and there's nothing but dogs who will be put down tomorrow! I couldn't read more than halfway down the page cause it made me sick, literally! Look at the trouble we're having just saving one dog! She's trying to save, from what I could tell 20 or more dogs! And that's the tip of the iceberg! PLEASE, someone open your heart and your home to just this one dog! Go the extra mile and get him out of the shelter. Take him to a no-kill or transport him to his temporary foster home in Cincinnatti, Ohio. PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 10:04 AM

Joni,

What a beautiful and lucky dog to have found a home with you. I know that my dog are almost like my children. In fact, my boys sometimes say I love the dogs more than them (drama queens). LOL I do know that they can steal a heart with just a look.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use