Top 10 Posters

Secret Santa - 2012

Page 22 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Wow Thea what a great list to go by on suggestions. I recall from last year a questions asked about what should we spend. The answer given was about the cost of 3 yards of fabric. I think that is a good way to look at pricing out your box. Personally I can send more this year than last, and yet last year was mostly hand made, so if you take into consideration, I think the hand made gifts are the best part of the giving. I will wrap my tinnies in fabric cuts; charm pieces, a few  layer cake, a jelly roll  or two, and perhaps a turnover.. that is all the food I'm sending,... LOL ... I've been ready for a month, but just today did some fussy cutting to send out as well. I am so glad we had all this time it was easier to shop and spread out the costs.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:26 PM

I am making the cutest "thing" (secret!!) for my S. S. giftee quilty girl.  It has been so much fun to make. A couple more touches and it's ready to go. This has been so much fun this year. I have spent way more then Jim would have liked. It's like, everywhere you go, there is SOMETHING that just fits the bill.

Just want to get it finished so I can get to the cute wrapping idea I have come up.. Guess I could start that now with the smaller things. Ok, that is what I will do.

Bye from this Secret Santa........ Ho Ho Ho.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 7:08 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Only 13 more days to go!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:31 AM

Jean:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Only 13 more days to go!

Im ready!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 11:57 PM

Me too I got everything wrapped up today and is in it's packaging, now to wait until the 5th. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, shop and eat leftovers.. LOL
I am off to buy my fabric for my layer cake swap this afternoon. I just hope those pieces; I've had blinders on, are still available.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Oh gracious!  To wrap or not to wrap!! I'm nervous.  This is my first SS and I just hope that what I got for my SS will be well received.  I went a little out there, so....I dunno.  :\  How many more days?  I'm excited and nervous to send!

Brandy

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 9:47 PM

I have mine all wrapped and in the box to mail.  Can't wait.  Hope my secret Santa pal likes everything.  One more week!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Brandy:
 I'm excited and nervous to send!

I'm with you Brandy. I'm a little nervous about what I have made and will send. This is my first Secret Santa so I sure hope my SS pal likes what I have chosen.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 682
Points 17,095

Brandy:

Oh gracious!  To wrap or not to wrap!! I'm nervous.  This is my first SS and I just hope that what I got for my SS will be well received.  I went a little out there, so....I dunno.  :\  How many more days?  I'm excited and nervous to send!

Brandy

This is my first SS as well and I am definitely wrapping.  I love to unwrap gifts and hope my person will too.  I have grouped a few notions in the same box, but for the most part, each gift will be wrapped separately.  For me, part of the anticipation of the gifts is the joy of unwrapping them.

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Yeah, I wrapped everything, but I might have overdone it.  I wrapped every single little thing by itself.  I probably should have grouped some things.  

Oh well.  It looks pretty in the box and, like all my quilting mistakes, I'm not changing it now!  :)

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Started packing my box today... Went shopping this morning so now I'm almost ready.

I haven't been getting this thread, so hopefully I will now.

xoxoxo,

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 200

I shipped my box first of the week know its gotten there but hopefully she will be pleased this is my first SS also but tried to be a little ahead of the due date i hate to be late for anything. I do hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving Day I truly did being with family and friends what else is there. The Christmas music is playing everywhere may GOD bless everyone with wonderful SS friends and all kinds of goodies....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 1:24 PM

Tammy,when I got home yesterday there was a notice for a package with your name on it. I still have to go pick it up, but will do that today and will be happy to post pictures. I just wanted you to know the status of the package. Thanks Tammy. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 1:46 PM

Okay folks - I am glad that you are getting ready to send the boxes out but the date is 5 December - that is the posting date - I truly hope that you can keep with that date as some will be feeling bad as they are waiting to post - I know the early bird gets the worm but please wait... Next Wednesday everyone should head to the post office and mail their secret santa gift boxes off.  That way everyone except those overseas who should have already mailed - or to overseas should already have mailed... Next Wednesday is the 5th and the big day!!!

We do want pictures though and I think there is media set up over in the Swap group so that all the pictures can be kept together...

Time is a wasting and the date is drawing fast - wrap up those last little things - gas up the car - prepare the engines and off to the mailing facility Wednesday Morning...

Whooo Hooooo!!!

• | Post Points: 50
replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 1:58 PM

I have kept all my goodies stuffed up in one container, almost done quilting the quilt. Then comes the wrapping! I have been told I go over board with secret Santa stuff, or a secret pal,  oh huh Thea we should totally have a secret pal on QCA.   To go all year long . Then switch at end of the year. Think I will bring this up to Barbara!   I just love giving stuff, and I have no kids at home , so I can focus!!!  I love this,  and to my Giftee, I am sorry if I went over board!     I just get so darned excited by it all!  It's a fault or a virtue just depends on how you look at it!    I go by. Give freely from your heart, and don't expect anything in return.  My Mom always taught me that!  And I love it!

Page 22 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use