Secret Santa - 2012

Page 20 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 7:27 PM

Melissa Halpain:

I hit send before I finished.I am quilting something for my SS giftee, so I still have a few things to do and buy. I am so excited for this first Secret Santa for me.

Thank you Melissa, I wish you wonderful Holidays!! We have each other! Lol

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 680
Tina replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 1:28 PM

I'm having such a good time with my first Secret Santa!  I am still not sure about presentation, but I can't wait to finish my handmade stuff and then get it ready to ship!  :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:06 PM

I finished up my project for my Secret Santa last night.  Now I need to decide on the packaging too.  Sure wish I could "hear" from my Secret Santa.  I think she's been on vacation!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:51 PM

Was looking through a Christmas book, (one of those "Christmas with Southern Living"  books), and found an awesome way to wrap packages. So cute. And, SO today!! Now, can't wait to get to that part. And, just one more thing to do!!

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 730
Points 18,300

I'm just about done with buying/ making gifts as well.  I too have been pondering the wrapping part.  I read somewhere about someone using fabric as gift wrap -- might go with that using FQs.  I've tentively grouped mine into four boxes within the mailing box, but am pondering perhaps wrapping each item separately.  I just love to unwrap presents, but others might not enjoy it so much.   My SS person has disappeared as well, so I'm not getting any last minute ideas from her posting.  But this is still a fun endeavour.

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,380
Points 20,710

Belfrybat:

I just love to unwrap presents, but others might not enjoy it so much.  

Brigit-Carol, I think everyone enjoys unwrapping presents!  

I personally love to wrap, but I try to avoid buying gift wrap supplies.  I have a lot of rolls of wrapping paper from years ago and I also use the heavy brown paper that comes in all my packages from amazon (of which I have plenty!) and whatever paper is in the recycle bin.  If paper is crumpled, I just iron it.  Works fine.  I haven't burned any paper with my iron yet.  I also have a soft spot for plain old-fashioned newspaper as gift wrap.  Not sure why, but it's appealed to me since I was a child.  

I love to make bows with strings and selvages, but I don't think I've ever run out of traditional gift-wrap bows or ribbons in my life.  

I also use fabric for gift wrap, but tend to save that for the more special occasions.  Whenever I'm giving a bottle of wine, I always make a bag for it.

OK, I'm totally off on a tangent here.  Did I mention I love wrapping gifts?  :)  I have all my secret-santa presents, but I need to do my family holiday shopping so that I can get in wrapping mode!  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,611
Points 247,162
Thea replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 2:24 PM

21 days to go till you send your packages....

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 2:51 PM

I'm at such a loss...I just don't even have ideas yet...I've tried stalking my person a bit, but can't seem to find her on the boards.  But I need to get moving so I have some fun stuff for her to open up.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,380
Points 20,710

Susie, Don't forget about the long questionnaires we all filled out at the beginning.  There have got to be some tips in her answers to all those questions, right?

Good luck!

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 4:48 PM

Carolyn:

Susie, Don't forget about the long questionnaires we all filled out at the beginning.  There have got to be some tips in her answers to all those questions, right?

Good luck!

Thank goodness for that questionnaire ! I want to make something special, but they didn't answer one ofnthenquestions, like what is your favorite quilt block?  It sure would help me now if they would have answered that one! I really want to make something they would love, and pleasing to their eye...  I asked the question in the general forum, I had about ten people newer, but my Giftee so far has not answered.  Darn it.   Anybody on here care to say what your fav block is in a quilt?  Or whatever?  Thanks guys 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 5:27 PM

Okay, here's hoping it's me :)  My favorite Christmas block is a log cabin.  It's on my to do list to make a Log Cabin Christmas quilt.  Since I've really only been quilting for about a year, my list is pretty long.  I'll probably start wrapping after Thanksgiving.  Puts me more into the mood.  This has been fun.  Hope my secret santa likes everything.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 5:34 PM

OK. just in case it's me I like the square in a square block. You can do so much with it. Fussy cut the center is one of them.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 6:25 PM

In case it's me, I love ALL blocks EXCEPT the churn dash block.  That's the only one I've found so far that I think it horrible.  I was in an exchange where I needed to make 30 of them...NEVER AGAIN!  Ugh!

But I do love almost all other blocks I have ever seen.

And the questionnaire will help me out, I was just hoping to do some stalking myself, but can't seem to find my person.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,611
Points 247,162
Thea replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 6:40 PM

I love all you people stalking - click on the person's name and it will take you to what they have posted recently.  Some - although not most - but some - have posted Bio's and that might help you too.  if you haven't posted your bio - you might want to - to at least help out the Secret Santa people...teehee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 7:34 PM

If you're looking for me I don't really have a favorite block unless New York Beauty counts!!  and for the record, I LOVE to open presents!!  It's just me and the cats on Christmas morning and they don't give me ANYthing to open!  LOL

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 20 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use