Top 10 Posters

Secret Santa - 2012

Page 19 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:04 AM

I have amost got my project finished for my SS giftee, Mine was easy to shop for as well as I have met my person . but you can still run into problems  LOL  I just need to start getting things wraped and I'lll be finished.  It has been fun.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:56 AM

At last the quilts for my great nieces are completed and will be in their tiny little hands by Monday.  Just have a pillow to complete for one of the little darlings.   Will post pics later.

Finally will be able to start on quilted gifts for my SS, so looking forward to digging in.  Have received the purchases I ordered, and will be wrapping them soon.  Got the box from PO, love the way you pay one price and stuff it as full as you can. 

Got to go, time to shower, then p/up food from co-op.  Then laundry, suposed to be in the 70's, although it is 30 right now.  Br-r-r-r!  Dogs ran out did their thing and were back at the door about knocking me over to get into the warm.  Bunch of wimps I got this AM.  Will do pillow soon as I get back from picking up goodies.

Catch y'all later.  Ladies heading to Atlanta don't forget to stop at AST, they got lots of sales and stuff!  And the friendliest most knowledgeable peoples you will ever meet.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:19 AM

Oh, I wish I had known about AST.  Where is it located?  I also agree that my SS must be so busy quilting that she doesn't have time to get on line.  I've been picking up items along the way.  Sure hope she likes them!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,560
Points 246,112
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:36 AM

I have to search through my boxes and get everything out for my recipient and get it wrapped and in the box for sending.  It is all done and just waiting for that last step.  I don't have to wait for that one last item to arrive like I did when Kris was my recipient.  I finished up my quilty gift too - that was so much fun - learned a new technique and love it - am doing more and more of them - Glad I got the quilting done as I think for a few days my sewing machine is going to set idle - my pain levels from whatever have gone through the roof - mornings are becoming extremely difficult.  It is no fun to wake up and have that pain assault you before you open your eyes... and have the fur babies wanting food but that is kind of good as it does make me get up no matter what.  

I truly had fun this year picking up this here and that there and thinking when I was looking through the sales catalogs and the flyers that come in my email what this or that would be like.  I always buy 2 - one for me and one for a pay it forward - and my recipient is going to I hope like her basket of different things.  That is the last thing I need to do - go to Hobby Lobby and find a cute basket to put all the gift packages in and put it in the box... I thought about making a quilted stocking but think that Idea will wait till next year...

I am so glad to see all of you having fun with this enterprise this year and hope that you have a good friend after the gifts are sent - someone to have a special moment with.  I know after I was Kris's SS, I felt a bond with her and watched her posts and got to know here way better afterwards...

And all those people Barbara has met - she gave you a hint - one of you is going to receive a package from her... wonder whom that could be...teehee

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 12:33 PM

Yeah,

Ive just brought the last thing for my secret santa, there will be hand made things but not quilted things so hopefully she will understand and still be happy with her pressies, now to wrap them and then to post them, I cant wait until she gets them and i pray and hope that she likes them.

lots of love

Francesxx

replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 12:51 PM

Every place I go now, i remember my Giftees list. I have had fun picking things out! Now to finish A homemade quilted item... I love this! I normally dont celebrate Christmas much. It ends up being very sad. All the kids grown up with families of their own. They all live in different states with my grandkids. With the way the economy is we just shop on line and send them what they want. I havent decorated in years, or done gift hunting either. My children are easy, send money MOM!! so I do. But I always  get rather sad, and wish for time to go back when they were small.  I hope I have at least one big Christmas with all of them someday..  Any way, I have loved shopping for someone, thats my point!  I do love Christmas, but try and ignore it...I always volunteer to work, so the younger Adults can be with their small children. I hope my Giftee will enjoy all I have found..   So much fun!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:54 PM

Candis,

I really love Christmas, Im divorced, I have no kids i live with my Mum and Dad and we have a very quiet Christmas, and youre right its not the same as it was but I worked in retail for a long time and i hated christmas no seemed to have time to speak, be polite or just smile, since ive left retail i truly love Christmas and i try to make it extra special, sometimes i make a Christmas cake and take into the people i work with, I always make all my Christmas cards, at work i play Hawaiian Christmas carols which always makes people smile and best of all because i am an early riser at about 4.30 am Christmas Morning just standing in the doorway looking outside on a crisp frosty morning and listening to the peace and quiet and watching the stars in the sky, for me there is no better day to be alive.

So everyone just make sure youve been nice and not naughty.....

lots of love

Francesxx

replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:05 PM

Frances:

Candis,

I really love Christmas, Im divorced, I have no kids i live with my Mum and Dad and we have a very quiet Christmas, and youre right its not the same as it was but I worked in retail for a long time and i hated christmas no seemed to have time to speak, be polite or just smile, since ive left retail i truly love Christmas and i try to make it extra special, sometimes i make a Christmas cake and take into the people i work with, I always make all my Christmas cards, at work i play Hawaiian Christmas carols which always makes people smile and best of all because i am an early riser at about 4.30 am Christmas Morning just standing in the doorway looking outside on a crisp frosty morning and listening to the peace and quiet and watching the stars in the sky, for me there is no better day to be alive.

So everyone just make sure youve been nice and not naughty.....

lots of love

Francesxx

i love the Hawaiian Christmas song idea. I think I will steal that idea from you. We always have a huge pot luck at work, Nurses you know, in between patients the Doctors and nurses gather off and on for a bite ! Always lots of goodies!  Sinful, but oh so good!  We also have a huge raffle, all the nurses in my dept bring in gifts to put in baskets and I make a few quilts we then raffle everything off , we pick a few families in our community they are having difficulty, and we give them a christmas! We also get their lists of Santa wants and each nurse contributes those items. It always warms my heart, when we see the pics or they all come to my floor to thank us.... I would much rather give then receive! So much more gratifying!!!  Ho ho ho ho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:16 PM

Candis,

You have to get the Hawaiian 12 days of Christmas song truly unique, from the 5 roast pigs to the 12 televisions (it has all of us laughing so hard it hurts).

It sounds like you do some really good work.  I like you would rather give, its much more fun seeing smiles on peoples faces.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:29 PM

Frances:

Candis,

You have to get the Hawaiian 12 days of Christmas song truly unique, from the 5 roast pigs to the 12 televisions (it has all of us laughing so hard it hurts).

It sounds like you do some really good work.  I like you would rather give, its much more fun seeing smiles on peoples faces.

lots of love

Francesxx

I will look for these, thank you so much, need laughter!!

• | Post Points: 5
replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:36 PM

Frances:

Candis,

lots of love

Francesxx

I just watched this on U tube!  So cute,   Thank you!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:21 PM

Im about through with my SS box. Only have a couple more things to add. Just hope they have fun, as I have wrapped everything individually this year. :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:31 PM

Almost done with mine, too. Now, time to decided my presentation. Have some wrapping ideas but still haven't decided on one or many!!

This is always so much fun. ;-0

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Candis:
I love this! I normally dont celebrate Christmas much. It ends up being very sad.

Candis, I have the same issue. I have one that isn't even in the country. He teaches in Thailand and is in a master program there also. I have another one who lives in Texas and one that works almost 80 hours a week. I don't even have any grandchildren yet. Maybe never. I think my husband and I will go to the coast for the holidays. It's too sad to stay around on Christmas. That is so nice of you to work for others with small children. What a sweetheart. I hope you have a great Christmas anyway.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

I hit send before I finished.I am quilting something for my SS giftee, so I still have a few things to do and buy. I am so excited for this first Secret Santa for me.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Page 19 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use