Top 10 Posters

Secret Santa - 2012

Page 4 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:31 PM

Belfry, just click on Thea's name it will take you to her home page where you can send a friend request

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,197
Points 239,022
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:32 PM

Joni:

Thea

Just a thought.  For those participating in overseas Secret Santa 3012, it would help for them to give us an idea as to what items might put a financial burden on them going through customs.  Especially a list of items that they would most like to receive that might be duty free.  Many times duty fees come higher than what was original cost of the item..

Also customs needs to be considered when choosing cut off dates for mailing.

Joni, Thank you for this- I had said that those getting an overseas person should be ready to send off the 1st of November - I sent a package to Australia one year for Christmas and did send it Air Mail - it didn't go air mail though - it went on the slow boat to China first...lol mailed 1 Nov and Scooter got it in March... She was happy thought we laughed - the box was supposed to have 1 item in it - but I go over board for most everything and told her it had babies while enroute - but I did sure feel terrible when her emails would arrive each week saying no gift yet... I knew I had sent it but felt so guilty anyway - the post office got a piece of my mind for days.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 6,960
Mz M replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:03 AM

Please put me on the list for this year. I had so much fun last year!

thanks bunches, Mz M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:06 AM

Thea,

Please, please, please can i play, never ever done a secret santa before.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Ps i will be an International as im in England.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 735

I would like to join. Never been a secret santa, but I think I might like to do it this year. 

Twana

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,655
Debra replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:35 AM

Thea... Thanks so much. Yes please add me to the list. It sounds like fun!

Debbie (Dainty)

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 100
LQJonsson replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:54 AM

Please sign me up for this! It sounds like so much fun!  - Lena Jonsson

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 3:09 PM

Sign me up...I requested to be your fried, but haven't seen you accept it yet.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,197
Points 239,022
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:57 PM

Karla - I accepted.  I have company this weekend - my kidz and grandz are visiting so didn't get on the computer very much - have to let the grandz play!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 65
Points 1,290
Pat Ann replied on Sat, Sep 1 2012 10:44 PM

Thea, I would love to join in on the secret Santa. Sounds so exciting. I have not done this one before, do you message us to get our address how does this work?  Pat Ann

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,987
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:06 AM

Yay Pat! So glad you decided to sign up. I'm in too Thea.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,197
Points 239,022
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 7:03 PM

Pat Ann and Kris - I have added your names.

Qulit Daddy and Leslie have been removed per their request.  

So far we have 37, a good number - we have a couple weeks before the close of participants... I am so so so looking forward to this... Any ideas still for the questionaire please let me know - I might post what I have here in a day so you can see and maybe add to that...

Am so exhausted right now - not seeing straight...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 360,987
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 2 2012 10:01 PM

Thea,

just a thought: perhaps we could put our addresses on the questionnaire that way when you send them out they'll already be there. No copy errors.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,197
Points 239,022
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:18 AM

Kris - thank you - great idea - I have that on the top of the form - name - address and telephone # - and email addy off site - so that should anything happen I can contact the person in real time.  

Barbara mentioned the email addy to me - I should post my questionaire today so folks can get an idea - BUT know it is not the final form so wait to respond to me until you get one in Private Message...

Secret Santa Questionaire for the Secret Santa Program for 2012

Name address and phone # email address 

The rules are simple - to send out a secret santa gift that would be something you would want to receive and to make that easier for strangers to do for strangers we are going to ask you to answer a questionaire that will go out to all the recipients that will help you get to know your recipient a little better.

One thing you should take into consideration is that this is a Quilting Secret Santa program and you should add at least the equivalent of 2.5 yards of fabric - have fun with this one and really surprise your recipient - you have plenty of time to put things together so this should not be a stress on anyone's budget and if you have difficulties - PLEASE contact me as I will help anyone out!  And if you need to drop after names are picked - PLEASE contact me as I will pick up anyone's recipient so no one will lose out on this great program that is signed up!

1.        What is your favorite color

2.       Do you like tea coffee hot chocolate – all or none

3.       What is your favorite method of quilting

4.       Do you own a cat dog or other animal (gerbil, hamster, guinea pig, horse, pig etc)

5.       Are you married - kidz

6.       Do you collect anything and if so what kind of things do you collect ( figurines - thomas kincade, jim shore, hallmark etc)

7.       When is your birthday (birthstone - sign)

8.       Favorite food

9.       Favorite drink

10.   What is your favorite snack food

11.   What type books do you like to read

12.   What type quilting do you like best    eg applique, piecing, paper piecing etc

13.   Which do you like better – santa or snowmen

14.   Are you a religious person and would accept a religious gift or is this a private thing for you

15.   What is a notion that you don’t own but would want to – or need a replacement one for – like an ergonomic seam ripper

16.   Do you do any other crafts

17.   Do you like jelly rolls, charm squares, fat quarters, layer cakes or just yardage

18.   What type of fabric do you like best

19.   Do you own a long arm or just a domestic machine or just  a long arm

20.   What is your favorite block pattern

21.   What type of pins do you use or do you not use pins

22.   What is your favorite kind of chocolate

23.   What is your favorite kind of candy

24.   What type of needle do you like to use best on your machine if you have a favorite

25.   Who is your favorite quilting instructor

26.   Do you have any allergies that would affect a gift that is sent to you

27.   If you could list 5 things that are on your dream list of gifts what would they be

28.   What is your favorite manufacturer of fabric.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:09 AM

Thea,

Those are all good questions, I am so looking forward to this. Also, it is the U.S. for me.

Happy quilting!

from TN

Page 4 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use