Page 3 of 28 (415 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 7:45 AM

Where will rules etc. be posted for the 2012 Secret Santa?  Do you need our e-mail addy's or do U already have them?  This is so exciting, it has been several years since I've participted in a Secret Santa.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 7:55 AM

Joni, I am writing up the questionaires as we speak and will send them out to each individual approxiamately the 10th or sooner depending on how many sign up - right now asking for assistance from everyone on questions that they think might help them know about their recipient to make it special.  I am going to stop taking names on the 15th and draw the names and then send you your person on the 16th.  

I am going to use the PM program here on the site.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 8:43 AM

Thea,

Please count me in.  One suggestion  (and it may have been stated int he other thread I haven't read yet)

We have done with my family and it worked well.  In addition to the questionnaire, how about we list, let's say, 5 things we would really like - a wish list ( within the dollar amount that is agreed upon)  that way the giver has more to go on when looking for the gift.  The receiver doesn't really know what they're getting and the giver can still have the final choice.

Hope that makes sense....

I would love to participate no matter what the rules are....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,432
Points 38,360
Linda replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:27 AM

Don;t know how I missed this thread, definately count me in!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Thea:
right now asking for assistance from everyone on questions that they think might help them know about their recipient to make it special

Hi Thea,

By the way, I love your name. I was thinking that it might be nice to know if the recipients have dogs or cats or birds or another other pets. It might be nice to add a little something for the additional family members. Just an idea. We have three dogs that have replaced our three children that have grown and moved out on their own. The dogs are part of our family now.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:25 AM

Melissa - that is one of my questions - I too like to send something special for the 4 legged - or hmmm - other family members...teehee

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:28 AM

Gerie:

Or actually, it is mentioned that there are two Secret Santa threads, one here and one in fabricswapsomething. Since I haven't joined the fabricswapgroup, I can join the secret santa thing here, without having to join the fabricswapgroup. At least, that is how I understood Thea's message. So Zsofia, thanks for your advice, but I will try it in this thread.

Gerie.

Sorry ! my mistake. I had to re-read the tread ; ). It's such a great idea to open up the Secret Santa for all the members (I didn't realize if you do not join the swap you do not see the posts..). Can't wait! it was lots of fun last year.

Zsofia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:30 AM

Decided to wait to send out the questionaire till the 10th because I am writing and rewriting the questionaire with your suggestions - so expect a PM from me on the 10th of September and the sign - ups for this will close on the 15th.

You will get your recipients name on the 16th.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:40 AM

Gerie - you are right - you do not have to go over to Groups to sign up for this and I now have your name on the list.

Chicagosinger - your name is on the list too - I will be sending out a questionaire for all participants to answer and send back to me - it will go out on the 10th - right now still getting input from all participants for the quesitons - the program sign ups will close on the 15 and you will have the name of the person you are going to be the SS for on the 16.  

The rules are simple - Send a gift to your recipient - you can do anything you want with the gift - it is your choice - there are pictures of what some have sent in the past for gifts and those can be found by doing a search - most send something quilt related - like fabric - some send notions - some send patterns - books - then non quilt related stuff - treats for a cat / dog / fish - candy - every quilter - well almost every quilter I know loves some chocolate - some send special teas or coffees... some send small jewelry items - eg - the cat pin holder or the thing for the scissors... calendars... You can also make something special to send - a small wall hanging - anything you want to do.  Do what you want to do!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:42 AM

Annie:

We have done with my family and it worked well.  In addition to the questionnaire, how about we list, let's say, 5 things we would really like - a wish list ( within the dollar amount that is agreed upon)  that way the giver has more to go on when looking for the gift.  The receiver doesn't really know what they're getting and the giver can still have the final choice.

Hope that makes sense....

Annie - that does make sense and I will add that on to the questionaire - thank you!  You are added to the list...

For all those looking for the list - it is the first post to this thread - decided that would be easiest - if you don't see your name on the list - send me another note - I am trying hard to keep up and am reading back through all the posts to make sure I get everyone.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Please include me on the Secret Santa 2012.

Thanks very much,

Carolyn

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 736
Points 18,405

Please sign me up as well.  I've never participated in a SS before so this will be a new experience and fun. 

Just one quick question, you say you will be sending out the questionnaire -- how do we receive it since you don't have our addresses? 

Brigit-Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,633
Points 48,810
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 1:37 PM

Please put me on the list!!  Last year there were two lists so if we wanted, we could participate twice... send out 2, receive 2... 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 30 2012 1:49 PM

Belfrybat

She usually sends them in a private message that you can find on your home page.  You will need to send Thea a friend request so that she can find you.  Or she will send you a friend request and you just have to accept.  If you have any problems finding these just let us know.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 736
Points 18,405

Thank you, Nana.  I think I found my homepage, but the only friend I have is the QCA Admin, if I'm reading things right.  I have no idea how to list friends, and couldn't find PMs -- is that the same as starting a conversation?  I'll check this thread on the 10th and hopefully there will be an update when the questionnaires are sent out.  THEN I'll ask my dumb questions if necessary!

Brigit-Carol

Page 3 of 28 (415 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use