Page 1 of 28 (415 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea Posted: Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:46 AM

Hi, we have done a Secret Santa on this site for a couple years - and this year I have volunteered to be the big goomba and mix up all the names and send them out to those participating.

I would like to leave it open to all who are interested and get this started quickly so that you know who your person is so that you have lots of time to purchase special gifts for that special quilter.

So if you are interested, I would like to ask you to respond.

I will be putting together a questionaire to send out to all participants and will close sign ups on 15 September... 

The date to mail your packages will be 5 December this year - closer to Christmas - a real Santa gift...

I would like to have a little conversation here on what you would like for rules for the gifts - if you have any?

You can look back at the last years Secret Santa posts to see what gifts were sent out in years past if you have any questions.

This is the one gift that should be quilt related but not necessarily and it usually is a hodge podge of things rather then just one gift of fabric or something like that - so 

Give your opinions and if you want to sign up - I'll be opening a page over in Swaps to sign up but if you aren't involved in that Group you can sign up right here - as you sign up I will be sending youa PM with a questionaire for you to send back to me which only your SS will see.

Join in the fun!  Comments????

Decided to wait to send out the questionaire till the 10th because I am writing and rewriting the questionaire with your suggestions - so expect a PM from me on the 10th of September and the sign - ups for this will close on the 15th.

So far I have 

1. Thea

2 Barbara

3. Melody

4. Susan

5. Littlereader

6. Kelli

7. Melissa

8.  Karen.  

9. Kathy

10. Isabella

11.  Joni

12.  Tina

13.  Nana

14.  Bonita

15.  Zsofia

16.  Angele

17.  Linda

18.  Gerie

19.  Chicagosinger

20.  Beth Weigt

21,  Belfrybat

22.  Carolyn

23.  Debbie Do

24.  Pat Badder

25.  Candis. 

26.  Susie

27. Karla

28.  Mz M

29.  Frances

30.  Twana

31.  Sukochi - (she is back with us and we are happy)

32.  LQ Jonnson

33l  Pat Ann

34.  Caryl

35.  Caryl Ann

36.  Brandy

37.  Kris

38.  Tammy

39.  Pat

40.  Amber2009

41.  Denise

42.  Bill E Bear

43.  MsMoomMIst

44.  Jean

45.  Grammie Jo Jo

46.  FrannYE

47.  PennyWyo

48,  Patricia Faye

49.  Bev

I will continue this sheet here and in forums - so if I missed your name - I do apologize and will add it as soon as I notice I missed you - good start for the first day

• | Post Points: 260
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:57 AM

I'm intrested, as to rules. keep them simple . get names address and phone numbers .the numbers for you to keep.  If we have international members who sign up you need to see who will do them and who would rather not. .the cost for international exchanges are expensive on both ends to post.

One gift should be made by each participant .it could be anything . and likes ,ie coffees ,tea ,colors .pets ,etc. 

Hope this helps some   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:35 AM

Barbara - helps a lot - I had forgotten about the overseas participants and shouldn't have - shame on me... 

For those overseas that would like to join - please do - 

For those Americans who would like to have an overseas recipient - please say so - I will put those names in a special pile and do not feel that you have to - that is not the case at all - in fact this can be something on the PM to me so that no one will know who is and is not wanting to do this.

If you are going to be sending a gift overseas the send date has to be sooner then those for the states... I would say the 1st of November so you won't have as much time as those state side to find special things to put in your basket of goodies to your recipient.

I am requesting that this be more then just 1 gift but a couple things but none of them need to be expensive... just fun things - examples to put in 

some candy - tea/coffee/hot chocolate - pins - fabric - bumper stickers - a hand made gift if you want to or have the time for this 

To me this is a special swap - not just grabbing something and dropping it in the mail - it should be wrapped in Christmas wrapping and be special!  I am not going to put a price tag on but for those on budgets that sign up you should have plenty of time to do something special.  

the men/women on this site are all especially talented and I know they can do wonderful things for a Secret Santa gift as has been shown in the past.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:36 PM

Yea!! Secret Santa. Oh, fun.  I'm in and will get busy very soon. Thanks, Thea.

One comment: Please, if you say you will participate.....PLEASE follow through. If your gift HAS to be late do to life circumstances (and we know that happens), PLEASE notify Thea so she can pass along the word to the giftee in PM so feelings aren't hurt.

Other than that...HO! HO! HO!  Merry Christmas.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:38 PM

Sukochi, you need to go to the fabeic swap group to sign up for this . I'd hate for you to miss out. this message was just to let everyone know ..thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:56 PM

Oh no - Barbara - they have to join swaps if they want to sign up there - they don't have to do that - I will take sign - ups here or in Swaps - I am sorry if I was confusing on that - I posted it here so all those who are not members of the Swap group could join in - I want all to have a chance and I am not making it a requirement to join Swaps to get in on this.

If you want to - I will take your name down here and anything that I post about this in Swaps will be posted here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:58 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
One comment: Please, if you say you will participate.....PLEASE follow through. If your gift HAS to be late do to life circumstances (and we know that happens), PLEASE notify Thea so she can pass along the word to the giftee in PM so feelings aren't hurt.

And should this happen - that you are unable to continue - please do let me know _ since I am fronting this Program this time - I will be responsible to make sure that everyone gets a special package from a Secret Santa - and if need be - that Secret Santa will be me - Ask Kris what I did for her when I was hers and you know I look over the questionaire and hound you to find out what you like - I am not a stalker but every post you write I check out so that I can find out your likes and dislikes and secret quilting desires.

But after we get all the names out and something untowards might happen - all you have to do is let me know!  No one who is signed up will go without a special secret santa surprise!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 2:01 PM

I am formalizing a questionaire - so if you have any questions that you would like added to it - please let me know - I'll check my questionaire and see if I have added that one - I plan on sending that out about the 10th but will not close sign ups till the 15th - but I'll send the questionaire out so all can start getting those in to me for me to repost to your SS... and that is the only person that will get them - if I didn't have to cut and paste them I wouldn't look at them either...teehee...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 2:22 PM

Thea soory for the misunderstand ,I just didn't realize what you meant. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 470
Points 5,905
Isabella replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 2:29 PM

Hi Thea,

Count me in, I have participated to the previous Secret Santa's and I will not miss this one for sure. This is a very nice swap!

Isabella

Isabella

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:58 PM

Barbara:

Thea soory for the misunderstand ,I just didn't realize what you meant. Barbara

Barbara - I knew that - I had posted it up above on the first post here - I know that some people don't go to Groups - don't even know where they are - lol - so wanted this to be open to all - I, also, know that we have run it out of the Group in the past and posted stuff over there as the threads out here get awful long and talkety... I am going to try - 

Isabella - got you down - this is fun and going to be very little work for me I hope - teehee - already getting stuff ready for my lucky recipient...teehee... I truly loved doing this when Kris was my recipient - it was so much fun reading her posts and seeing where she talked about different things... and her love of her cats - I was late sending her package as I had to get that one last quilty cat thing for her... 

I am enjoying this too much...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:04 PM

So far I have 

1. Thea

2 Barbara

3. Melody

4.  The Quilt Daddy

5. Susan

6. Bev

7. Littlereader

8. Kelli

9. Melissa

10.  Karen

11.  Sue

12. Kathy

13.  LaJuan Sukochi

14. Isabella

15.  Joni

16.  Tina

17.  Nana

18.  Bonita

I will continue this sheet here and in groups - so if I missed your name - I do apologize and will add it as soon as I notice I missed you - good start for the first day

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:42 PM

Thea, Last year , some of the questions were 1 what is your favorite color- 2 what is your favorite fabric, theme or manufacturer- 3 do you have animals- What books you like, etc. Hope this helps. Thanks for doing this. It was a lot of fun and I received some beautiful gifts.   Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:52 PM

Thanks Susan - all were on my list except manufacturer - I will add that - thank you so much.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 73
Points 1,150

Can't participate, but you might want to consider adding a question about allergies.  Have been a part of Secret Santa exchanges before and ended up with things I had to give away because of chemical sensitivities.  Adding "Any allergies?" keeps that from happening.

stitcheraz

• | Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 28 (415 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use