rated by 0 users
This post has 405 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:47 AM

Pretty blocks Dawn.

Patricia Faye, I like your block centres.

Ms MoomMist, I like your glittery pink fabric.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Kris:

Pretty blocks Dawn.

Patricia Faye, I like your block centres.

Ms MoomMist, I like your glittery pink fabric.

thank you all for your compliments. The bundle I'm using doesn't really have anything near a solid, so I'm using some from my stash sprinkled here and there.

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Bonita:

Dawn, pretty blocks. I have that fabric you used for the center.It's very colorful. Making a full size quilt from it.

Patricia Faye, pretty Christmas fabrics. Looking good.

MMM, very nice blocks.Pretty pink.

Thank you!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Thea:

Dawn and Ms Moom Mist - your blocks are very nice.  

I do love some of the blocks that members are doing with the Christmas fabrics... had thought of that myself but I have so many blue fabrics and pieces here and there that this year I will be doing a lot of scrappy blue quilts - pulled out my scrappy patterns and hopefully soon will feel worth a poop so that I can sew without having problems... 

I can hope - right!

thank you Thea. You are one busy Lady.

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 719
Points 18,100

I've been waiting for a new thread to begin for the Craftsy BOM 2013.  Anyone know if one will be started by the "powers that be"?  I'm still trying to decide whether to do it as it calls for 33 different fabrics (!), but I did sign up and will do at least some of the blocks as I like to learn new techniques. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:13 AM

Thanks everyone for all your kind remarks on my blocks . I am doing mine scrappy so they will not all be the same fabirc.I have this huge collection of FQ's I have no idea what to do with them as none of them go together ,so this is a good way to use them up .

Also I am seeing some beautiful blocks from everyone .they are all beautiful ,keep up the great work . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:24 AM

Love your blocks, Dawn, Patricia Faye and MM.  I see some beautiful quilts here.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 2:37 AM

Belfrybat:
I've been waiting for a new thread to begin for the Craftsy BOM 2013.  Anyone know if one will be started by the "powers that be"? 

Anyone can start a new thread for this project. I guess most people just decided to continue to use this one. It's easier to keep track of one thread than trying to find all the related ones later.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Love the Christmas themed blocks Debbie and Patricia Faye.  

Claudette--like you idea of adding some of your own blocks to the 2012 BOM to finish it up. The blocks you had completed are stunning. Hope you get to finish it soon and start snuggling up under it.

Barbara--Love your blocks! Blue and yellow is always perfect together.

Kelli--Beautiful!

Thea--Scrappy blues sounds so cool. Are you going to use all batiks on this one?

Dawn--Wow! Love the colors!

MMM--So pretty

I got a FQ bundle that had 12 coordinated  fabrics. The bundle is Artisan Batiks-Hibiscus--lots of purples, oranges, and pinks. I plan on filling in any additional needed colors from my batik scraps. These colors are way way way out of my comfort zone, but I want to try some new things in 2013. So this will be a start.  But somehow using 33 different colors in the same quilt seems like a lot to me, unless its completely scrappy. Guess that is my control issues coming out! 

Here are my four blocks.  The orange-ish background isn't part of the blocks. 

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 111
Points 3,235
Greg replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:15 AM

Not sure I'm crazy about this years BOM quilt, but I'll play along for now....

Greg E

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:23 AM

Max and Greg nice work on your block I like them both Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:37 AM

Claudette

Love your blue eyes and sweet smile.  My dearest friend went through the whole shebang with breast cancer about 4 years ago, her hair grew in real curly and pretty.  But it is now back to shoulder length with soft wave.  I'm glad your have the hardest part behind you and pray you will be in remission until time to go home to the Father.

I love your baseball pot holders.  how wide and long is your heart.  It looks like a perfect fit for any hand.  That binding sure looks great.  I plan on making those for gifts for next year for Christmas presents.  Two of my 3 beautiful great nieces got beautiful hope chests made by their Grandpa (my brother) this year.  So I plan to make some small gifts to put in them.

I'm planning on giving 2013 BOM a try with my stash...got all the fabric for last year, never cut the first cut.  Just didn't care for the project as I saw it progress.  Many lovely quilts came from it, but it just was not for me.  Looking forward to this one.

Enjoy your quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Everyone's blocks are looking wonderful. Great job all!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 12:09 PM

Max and Greg, very nice blocks, good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,800
Points 67,535
Bonita replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 12:32 PM

Max & Greg, both great looking blocks.

Page 26 of 28 (406 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use